The Student Room Group

Medicine

Is it still possible to go to medical school with 7A/A*'s 1C at GCSE with 5 re-takes? A*AA at A-Level first sitting and a good UKCAT score?
Have you already taking these retakes or are planning to?
Original post by tcameron
Have you already taking these retakes or are planning to?

I've already done one and am planning on taking the other 4 this year.
Original post by Shazen
I've already done one and am planning on taking the other 4 this year.

I'd say leave the gcse grades as they are as they aren't terrible at all. Just avoid applying to gcse heavy uni's like Oxford, Cardiff, Birmingham. You can be accepted into medicine without having all/majority A*s at gcse.
You'll need to focus solely on A levels as they will be more important than spending valuable time revising gcse stuff.
I'd say leave the gcse grades as they are as they aren't terrible at all. Just avoid applying to gcse heavy uni's like Oxford, Cardiff, Birmingham. You can be accepted into medicine without having all/majority A*s at gcse.
You'll need to focus solely on A levels as they will be more important than spending valuable time revising gcse stuff.

Alright thanks for your help! Are you currently studying medicine?
Original post by Shazen
Alright thanks for your help! Are you currently studying medicine?

I'm not but my sister studied medicine at Kings College so I guess this is why I know a bit
I'm not but my sister studied medicine at Kings College so I guess this is why I know a bit

Oh, amazing university!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending