The Student Room Group

Is an AS level required to study medicine?

I have just started sixth form and chosen to do A levels in Biology, Chemistry, Psychology and Spanish. I was only going to do Spanish for an AS and carry on the other three for A2, however, I am a few weeks into doing Spanish and I really do not enjoy it. So, I was wondering if I dropped Spanish now and only had 3 A2's would I still be able to study medicine at University, or would I not be accepted as I have not done 4 subjects at A level?
Thank you.
Reply 1
Original post by tm2000
I have just started sixth form and chosen to do A levels in Biology, Chemistry, Psychology and Spanish. I was only going to do Spanish for an AS and carry on the other three for A2, however, I am a few weeks into doing Spanish and I really do not enjoy it. So, I was wondering if I dropped Spanish now and only had 3 A2's would I still be able to study medicine at University, or would I not be accepted as I have not done 4 subjects at A level?
Thank you.

No an AS is not required.

With the reforms especially, almost all medical schools require AAA.

I say most because there may be the odd medical school who do still require that I'm not aware of. I don't think so but I don't like to say with certainty if I haven't checked each one individually so do check yourself.
Reply 2
Thank you for you reply.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending