The Student Room Group

A453 task for 2017

I need huge help for the new A453 task, it being the task about using python for a phone repair store. anyone who feels they can help, message me please as soon as possible.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cleverclogs15.
I need huge help for the new A453 task, it being the task about using python for a phone repair store. anyone who feels they can help, message me please as soon as possible.

Oh well good luck I did gcse computing last year and struggled SO much with A453 and A452 tasks, but that is probably because I was **** at computing and really hated it. Nobody is as bad as me at programming, so you will be fine!:smile:
Thank you but I have 5 hours of it tomorrow and I'm stressing as I have no clue want to do and I just regret taking this subject 😭😂
Hey, I can help
Hey, I am also doing A453, maybe we should give each other help and discuss this. I am a bit confused. :/ I am also bad at coding this thing.
Original post by Nerd4lert
Hey, I am also doing A453, maybe we should give each other help and discuss this. I am a bit confused. :/ I am also bad at coding this thing.

which task are you doing?
Reply 6
Python is an extremely easy language to do these tasks in. I can guarantee if you spent 2-3 hours on Google reading the Python syntax you'll be able to do your entire coursework at ease. However, if you want some help on a personal level, feel free to message me. I have a lot of experience with Python (2-3 years), and I also did OCR for GCSE Computing (got an A* in both coursework tasks, and an A* overall for Computing). I am now studying Computer Science for A-Level, so I'm a great person to ask programming questions to.
I am still on task one but there is a confusion on how this needs to be approached and teachers are baffled too. So I am stuck.

I've just finished my task 1 and 2, are you still stuck?
I've just finished my task 1 and 2, are you still stuck?

Well I still am on task one, have it planned but I need to do psuedocode and programming. I am so so behind. But at least I have completed the Linux, which was great.
Well I still am on task one, have it planned but I need to do psuedocode and programming. I am so so behind. But at least I have completed the Linux, which was great.

hold on hold on, We may be doing 2 different tasks. My A453 is python and we are doing troubleshooting, how about you?
hold on hold on, We may be doing 2 different tasks. My A453 is python and we are doing troubleshooting, how about you?

No no, definitely is. There are 3 parts to it. First task being a simple Q&A, second being one that replied to key words and the other asking for the user's phone model to generate a solution.
No no, definitely is. There are 3 parts to it. First task being a simple Q&A, second being one that replied to key words and the other asking for the user's phone model to generate a solution.

oh yeah haha so we are doing the same thing. I completed task two last lesson and next wednesday I will be doing task 3. Do you know how to tackle task 2?
Reply 13

oh yeah haha so we are doing the same thing. I completed task two last lesson and next wednesday I will be doing task 3. Do you know how to tackle task 2?

If you both want help, send me your Skype and we can get a group chat going on the topic.
i need help with task2 on python
R.I.P

Did joint word count of 45k words with both A452 and A453 and only came out with an A in the exam..

Computing is stress.
Reply 16
Original post by Federerr
R.I.P

Did joint word count of 45k words with both A452 and A453 and only came out with an A in the exam..

Computing is stress.

45k? Lol my joint words for both A452 and A453 came under 20k, and I got an A* in both.
Original post by Aklaol
45k? Lol my joint words for both A452 and A453 came under 20k, and I got an A* in both.

Yep it's annoying AF.

My teacher kept telling me add to add bs throughout and when it comes to the end of the course he tells me to cut all of it down. He was baffled.

I got A* in A453 and B in A452.
On results day I see OCR moderated my A452 up to an A...

But the time I spent on adding all the BS my teacher told meh I could've revised theory and maybe not gotten a B in the exam :/
Reply 18
Original post by Federerr
Yep it's annoying AF.

My teacher kept telling me add to add bs throughout and when it comes to the end of the course he tells me to cut all of it down. He was baffled.

I got A* in A453 and B in A452.
On results day I see OCR moderated my A452 up to an A...

But the time I spent on adding all the BS my teacher told meh I could've revised theory and maybe not gotten a B in the exam :/

So did you get an A overall for the subject?
Original post by Aklaol
So did you get an A overall for the subject?

Yep :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending