The Student Room Group

Have you ever gotten into a movie with a higher rating?

Have you ever gone to an 18 and actually got in without ID, despite not being old enough?
Yeah when I was like 9 or 10 i got into a 15, idk why cinema didnt care. I wasnt with parents
Reply 2
Original post by SuperHuman98
Yeah when I was like 9 or 10 i got into a 15, idk why cinema didnt care. I wasnt with parents

That's cool! There's a film I want to see that's an 18 but I'm not 18 :frown:
Got into Signs which was a 12 when I was 11

Badass
Original post by e2014
That's cool! There's a film I want to see that's an 18 but I'm not 18 :frown:

You could always try, they ask for ID when you buy the ticket
went to see a 15 with my parents when I was about 12 - they dressed me up all old.. and the guy asked them questions, but was not exactly going to ask for ID from a kid with their parents..*

How old do you look? Some 16-17 year olds would have no problem getting into an 18.. whereas some 25 year olds still get ID'd for evrything. All depends on you *
Reply 6
Original post by SuperHuman98
You could always try, they ask for ID when you buy the ticket

Do they always though? What if you buy it online and collect it at the ticket machine? Would the person that rips the tickets ask for ID again or would they just presume that you've already been checked?
I was 13 and saw Slumdog Millionaire with my dad which is a 15.
Got into 300.
got into a couple 18s when i was about 15, but i worked at the cinema so they didn't really care
Reply 10
I'm not sure I've even seen a 15 or an 18 in the cinema lol. Don't see many films. Never been ID'd at cinema anyway.
Oh yep, I got into the edgiest movie- I'm kidding. I got into The Grand Budapest Hotel. It was a 15. I was 14. It was great, though I doubt anyone would've stopped me anyway since it's not exactly horrifying gore or anything extreme.
Original post by IndyPrince
Oh yep, I got into the edgiest movie- I'm kidding. I got into The Grand Budapest Hotel. It was a 15. I was 14. It was great, though I doubt anyone would've stopped me anyway since it's not exactly horrifying gore or anything extreme.

My favourite film! didn't see at the cinema though. Watched it on a 12 hour flight. Liked it so much the first time I watched it again a couple hours later. Then I bought the DVD when I got home and watched it again. I've watched it on netflix a few times since then. Its a great movie :biggrin:
Original post by epage
My favourite film! didn't see at the cinema though. Watched it on a 12 hour flight. Liked it so much the first time I watched it again a couple hours later. Then I bought the DVD when I got home and watched it again. I've watched it on netflix a few times since then. Its a great movie :biggrin:

Going to see it was great, the beauty of all the colours and cinematography on the big screen was incredible. No regrets, seeing it at 14 was just as good as it is now!
Oh yeah, all the time. There were two brothers who worked at my local cinema who didn't give a **** (one selling tickets, the other checking them and telling you where the screening was) and let me in to see anything.
The first time I realised they didn't care was when I went up to them and tried to buy a ticket for Inglourious Basterds as a dare from my friends when I was 12 or 13. They let me in without a second thought :colonhash:

I came in more often after that, and they even gave me a list of their shifts for when they're working so that I knew which days and times I could come in. They're pretty awesome guys. One of them left and got another job while the other one became manager, and now that i'm over 18 it's more of a case of getting me teen tickets so that I pay less money. I do end up paying the full price most of the time but whenever I sneak in a cheaper ticket I feel invincible

Braces help make it more convincing :wink:
If anything I'm extremely impressed that they managed to keep it up for so long without getting caught
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by Wingsly
got into a couple 18s when i was about 15, but i worked at the cinema so they didn't really care

Do you know if they have staff at the doors of 18 movie screens? Like, not when you buy the ticket or get it ripped but as you go into the movie screen?
Original post by e2014
Do you know if they have staff at the doors of 18 movie screens? Like, not when you buy the ticket or get it ripped but as you go into the movie screen?

Nope, it's just like any other screening. Unless there's a member of staff walking out of there after cleaning up or something, no members of staff are gonna be standing outside.
Original post by e2014

the cinema i worked at was pretty small there were only two screens then so we just had a steward on each door for every movie to show you to the seats. I don't think we ever made it anything different for an 18, i would sometimes steward them and i was only 14/15 at the time, and we were never really told to be on the look out whether people were the right age, that was usually sorted at the counter in the entrance.
I think last time I went to a chain cinema to see an 18 there was no one on the actual screen when we went in, and if there were any staff hanging around they were cleaning or doing some other job not checking our age. I don't know if this is for all movies though or a one off? Sorry i don't know any more :redface:
I came in more often after that, and they even gave me a list of their shifts for when they're working so that I knew which days and times I could come in.
I've never had to worry about this for 18s, because I just look old. But what me and my friends used to do for 15s is book the tickets for them online, print them out at the ATMs, get our tickets ripped and just walk in. Because they didn't give a ****. That way, I never got carded. I did this for around 20 different movies before I actually did turn 15. These days, I'm 17 and buy beer to make my movies a bit more fun. Moral of the story? They don't care. It's people who overthink their **** and come up with "tricks" and stuff to get into 15 or 18-rated movies. Just behave normally, do as I say and watch the damn movie.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending