The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hello everyone! :smile:My name is Joel. I love to read, write, play video games (examples include The Sims, Skyrim, ESO, Civ V and Stardew Valley) and also using a bullet journal. I also love Korean Dramas, K-Pop and Anime too.I'm currently studying English Literature, Maths and History at A-Level because they're my favourite subjects and I'm really enjoying them so far! :biggrin:I'd love to work in a Publishing House, or maybe become an author some day. I haven't quite decided yet! :tongue:Oh! I'm also planning on applying to Oxbridge, unsure of which one yet.
Original post by ColossalAtom
Work hard.

In two weeks? :rolleyes: They're asking when you started and how you did it.
Is dumping ground on today? I'm bored :biggrin:
Original post by karmacrunch
In two weeks? :rolleyes: They're asking when you started and how you did it.

I got a head start during summer :wink:. I'm in the same sixth form as my cousin who did the same subjects as well, so I used her textbook and made notes of it. Done some questions in it as well. Used Google or looked at her assignments if I didn't get something.
Original post by SmiggleWiggle
Is dumping ground on today? I'm bored :biggrin:

It's at 8:30 child :tongue:
Reply 785
Original post by ColossalAtom
I got a head start during summer :wink:. I'm in the same sixth form as my cousin who did the same subjects as well, so I used her textbook and made notes of it. Done some questions in it as well. Used Google or looked at her assignments if I didn't get something.

That makes more sense! I had absolutely no way of getting a head start!

Posted from TSR Mobile
What happens if your a badboy? Do you get a scooter? 😂 I pmed you a workie

I'm ok atm making new friends at Sixthform, enjoying voluntary 😃

I'm taking Maths, Statistics, Chemistry and Graphics. Loads of statistics (3 units this year) but it should be alright given I make the effort.

How are you finding the subjects?

I'm 6'4 getting too tall for that! If I'm a badboy they'd get me another pair of raybans and a hella loada books! 😑
It's quite satisfying to know that I can actually be a part of this thread 😂 I still feel like a year 11
Original post by Jakeprevita2000
It's at 8:30 child :tongue:

yay, I am a child :h:

I'm 6'4 getting too tall for that! If I'm a badboy they'd get me another pair of raybans and a hella loada books! 😑

Be good then ay? :colone: I wouldn't mind a few books for christmas tbf. Do you still have a stocking?
Original post by hxfsxh
It's quite satisfying to know that I can actually be a part of this thread 😂 I still feel like a year 11

Same, I wear uniform to sixthform :biggrin:
yay, I am a child :h:

Be good then ay? :colone: I wouldn't mind a few books for christmas tbf. Do you still have a stocking?

I hope so! Not fair if Kieran and Imogen one and I don't 😱 Do you?
I'm already suffocating from the pile of homework.
Same, I wear uniform to sixthform :biggrin:

I don't even have a uniform, I've just not adapted
I hope so! Not fair if Kieran and Imogen one and I don't 😱 Do you?

They're 13 and 15 right? Yup I am 😊
Original post by hxfsxh
I don't even have a uniform, I've just not adapted

How is it different for you? Workload and independent study periods?
They're 13 and 15 right? Yup I am 😊

Yeah Imogens 13 and Kierans 15
How is it different for you? Workload and independent study periods?

Obviously, the work load is astonishing, and the independence is amazing. And I have 22 hours worth of private study over 10 days, which is something I now don't think I could live without- I'm basically dead on days where I have 5 lessons, but over the past 5 years, I've had 5 lessons a day anyway. Also, we have a lot more chilled relationship with our teachers, as well as our lessons being quite seminar based.
Original post by hxfsxh
Obviously, the work load is astonishing, and the independence is amazing. And I have 22 hours worth of private study over 10 days, which is something I now don't think I could live without- I'm basically dead on days where I have 5 lessons, but over the past 5 years, I've had 5 lessons a day anyway. Also, we have a lot more chilled relationship with our teachers, as well as our lessons being quite seminar based.

I self taught IGCSE Maths, Chemistry and most of IGCSE ICT so I have done quite a bit of independent study this year! Same though for me there are 4 'independent study lessons' on my Year 12 timetable.

That's good, do they give tutorials?
I self taught IGCSE Maths, Chemistry and most of IGCSE ICT so I have done quite a bit of independent study this year! Same though for me there are 4 'independent study lessons' on my Year 12 timetable.

That's good, do they give tutorials?

I think they focus more on tutorials in late year 13, but our school has a very strong support system because the school know that most of us are there because we want 3A*s to get into a top uni.
Yeah Imogens 13 and Kierans 15

I'm going to try 2015s' Statistics unit 1 paper now!

Original post by hxfsxh
I think they focus more on tutorials in late year 13, but our school has a very strong support system because the school know that most of us are there because we want 3A*s to get into a top uni.

That's great! My sixthform has a reputation for producing quite a few Cambridge undergraduates. For me personally, I am not sure what I would like to do at university. I have targeted myself AABB

Latest