The Student Room Group

Year 10 IT/Tech Suppord work experience suggestions?

Not sure if this is the correct place to post so please correct me if i am wrong.

I am looking for a weeks work experiance in the Bristol/Western Super Mare area for July next year. Do you have any suggestions for experience in IT/Tech Support for a year 10 student.

Thanks.
You really have to do some research around this. Think of places that do the sort of work you want to gain experience in and then get in touch. Keep doing this till you find somewhere willing to take you on.
Reply 2
Original post by EagleEye7777777
Not sure if this is the correct place to post so please correct me if i am wrong.

I am looking for a weeks work experiance in the Bristol/Western Super Mare area for July next year. Do you have any suggestions for experience in IT/Tech Support for a year 10 student.

Thanks.

Small world, that's my neck of the woods.

As the above poster said, you will need to go out and look. I know for a fact there are plenty of IT companies in both Bristol and WSM, so you will need to do some calling around to find out if they have work experience schemes. The big corporates (Airbus etc up in Filton for example) almost certainly run work experience schemes, so it's always worth asking (or Googling) there first.
Original post by SpiffyTheSeal
Small world, that's my neck of the woods.

As the above poster said, you will need to go out and look. I know for a fact there are plenty of IT companies in both Bristol and WSM, so you will need to do some calling around to find out if they have work experience schemes. The big corporates (Airbus etc up in Filton for example) almost certainly run work experience schemes, so it's always worth asking (or Googling) there first.

Thanks for your response, I had never until now considered what sort of companies would have a tech support department as the majority is probably outsourced nowadays. I will do some more research.
Thanks for your response, I had never until now considered what sort of companies would have a tech support department as the majority is probably outsourced nowadays. I will do some more research.

Hewlett Packard have an R&D division in Bristol that take (or at least used to) work experience students. It's much cooler than tech support. :smile:
Original post by Push_More_Button
Hewlett Packard have an R&D division in Bristol that take (or at least used to) work experience students. It's much cooler than tech support. :smile:

Thanks, i will look into that
Reply 6

You're right it is outsourced, but then why not apply to the outsourcers? SERCO etc all have regional branches in Bristol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending