The Student Room Group

feeling sad at uni :(

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Firefly13
It's not the end of the world if you don't make friends with your flatmates. I spoke to a few people in my halls, but I don't keep in contact with any of them now. I found it much easier to make friends on my course because we had more interests in common. Don't force yourself to make friends with them! Maybe join some societies you like the sound of and wait until you start your course and hopefully you will find some people you get along with better there :h:

yes, I've got my course induction tomorrow so hopefully I'll find some friends there :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
feeling a bit better but struggled to make friends with people from my course :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey there, dont worry about making friends .
Have you tried to sit with people who are one there own in lectures. i know its quite daunting to talk to people but honestly someone has to take the plunge and be the one to speak first. I think people think people are going to come to them but you cant stay in your room expecting people to invite you out. People like it when other people make plans :smile:
Since its still early on it will still be easy to get to know people. Join clubs and societies
Original post by bubblegumcat
feeling a bit better but struggled to make friends with people from my course :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sometimes it takes time to make friends, imagine how hard it is being 1 of 7 girls on my course. It will take time, try to talk to some people who you think look nice and start of a conversation with them! Maybe it'll lead somewhere :smile:
Original post by Larissa14
Hey there, dont worry about making friends .
Have you tried to sit with people who are one there own in lectures. i know its quite daunting to talk to people but honestly someone has to take the plunge and be the one to speak first. I think people think people are going to come to them but you cant stay in your room expecting people to invite you out. People like it when other people make plans :smile:
Since its still early on it will still be easy to get to know people. Join clubs and societies

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ishax
Sometimes it takes time to make friends, imagine how hard it is being 1 of 7 girls on my course. It will take time, try to talk to some people who you think look nice and start of a conversation with them! Maybe it'll lead somewhere :smile:

will try :smile: thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest