The Student Room Group

I am very happy I was born to MY parents.

Seriously.
My parents are kind and intelligent.
I feel very lucky.
I think I am one in a billion.
Because so many parents are crazy
and cruel or simply inept.

Hearing stories about all the crazy parents out there who kill or abuse their children makes me sick to my stomach and I feel sorry for those poor children, and at the same time makes me feel extremely lucky to be born to my parents.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SeanFM
I wish I were Lewandowski or James Rodriguez or even Ryan Sessegnon.

I wish I were born to the parents of Lewandowski or Rodriguez or even Mr and Mrs Ryan Sessegnon.
I love my mum :love:
I am proud there are people like you in 21st century when people are putting hate on their parents:smile:. I feel the exact way as you and I think everyone should:h:
Original post by Bluebutterfly310
Well lucky you :colonhash:

Seriously sometimes reading the news makes me think it's me and another 10 people out there in the world with kind parents.

The number of insane parents out there is just sad.
Original post by robertpiktos
Seriously.
My parents are kind and intelligent.
I feel very lucky.
I think I am one in a billion.
Because so many parents are crazy
and cruel or simply inept.

Hearing stories about all the crazy parents out there who kill or abuse their children makes me sick to my stomach and I feel sorry for those poor children, and at the same time makes me feel extremely lucky to be born to my parents.

I feel very lucky to be born to MY parents as well

They are supportive, kind, loving, and humorous. The list could continue forever... :love: :love: :love:
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I love my mum :love:

you see what about your father.

I don't want to make assumptiobs but since you only mentioned your mother I guess...
Well lucky you :colonhash:, sounds like you have the type of parents i can only dream about :frown:

I'm sorry.... :frown:

Sending you positivity :hugs:
Well lucky you :colonhash:, sounds like you have the type of parents i can only dream about :frown:

Maybe they have some of those traits.
on the one hand i come from a family that is very open who i can always turn to if i need to talk, who raised me to be independent and self sustaining, who taught me to value and honest days work for honest days pay - regardless of the job.

On the other hand the general rule of thumb in my family is apathy, no encouragement of any kind and most times totally dismissive of what im interested in. As such everything creative.artistic endeavor i have done, i have done on my own. And that gives me more strength
Original post by Anonymous
I am proud there are people like you in 21st century when people are putting hate on their parents:smile:. I feel the exact way as you and I think everyone should:h:

Well not EVERYONE evidently.
Read the newspaper of any day and you'd see that sadly the number of insane parents who kill abd abuse their children in the world is high.
I guess i am blessed not to live in a "broken home"
The funny thing is, i was born the day after my mum.

:smile:
nah they dont my dad left when i was 1, and he now has more kids who he loves more than me and a new wife and my mum is too ill to remember she has a daughter

At least you will know to be a good mother if you will have children.
Good for you :smile:

I love my dad
Original post by Serine Soul
Good for you :smile:w

I love my dad

you see what about your mother?.

I don't want to offend you but since you didn't mention her.
How? How would i know how to be a good parent? I dont have family there for me to show me how

By being the opposite of your parents.
Me too, I feel blessed. :smile:
Original post by ❃ Stardust ❃
Me too, I feel blessed. :smile:

But both of your parents or only one?.
Maybe so

Don't repeat their mistakes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending