The Student Room Group

Economics help

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
introduction define keywords
paragraph 1 - first point -most important point in ur opinion. Eg the amount of long term employment it made then evaluate
paragraph 2 - second point - get a point from the extract - then evaluate
paragraph 3 - third point - Talk about the poverty levels and how much it has helped reduce the inequality in wealth then evaluate
conclusion - DONT SAY IN CONCLUSION START BY ANSWERING THE QUESTION

FFS FORGOT TO SAY INCLUDE DIAGRAMS.... ALWAYS INCLUDE DIAGRAMS

You have to evaluate if you dont you are restricted to like 12 marks i think.
Also if you dont use the extract then you will get restricted.
Most of the points you get is from the extract you are given
only do 3 points as in a 25 marker you should spend 40 minutes
Original post by Angelrose11
Can someone help with this question please.... I don't know how to structure it or what to write about

Assess the impact on the Brazilian economy of the 2016 olympics.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by zainyyyyy
paragraph 1 - first point -most important point in ur opinion. Eg the amount of long term employment it made then evaluate
paragraph 3 - third point - Talk about the poverty levels and how much it has helped reduce the inequality in wealth then evaluate

Thank u 😀
i got an A at AS.

19 marks above an A

126/140

107 for an A

96 for an B

I know my stuff, ask me.
Original post by citibankrec
i got an A at AS.

19 marks above an A

126/140

107 for an A

96 for an B

I know my stuff, ask me.

Hey I have just started studying as economics (I do OCR) and already love the subject! I would love to have advice on how to answer essay questions and what the examiners are looking for (I want to be as concise as possible.) Any advice would be greatly appreciated on how to work efficiently and any mistakes to avoid! Good luck for A2!x And congrats on your A at AS- I would be over the moon!:biggrin:

If you do OCR too, I would love to know about any exam board specific resources. Thanks!x:smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi guys if anyone is looking for any help specifically with the OCR AS spec drop me a PM :biggrin:
Got an A at AS:biggrin:
Reply 25
Original post by sunshine774
Hey I have just started studying as economics (I do OCR) and already love the subject! I would love to have advice on how to answer essay questions and what the examiners are looking for (I want to be as concise as possible.) Any advice would be greatly appreciated on how to work efficiently and any mistakes to avoid! Good luck for A2!x :smile:

Ok answering an essay question really easy teachers just complicate it for no reason.
first paragraph should be defining all key words in your essay question

second paragraph should consist of the strongest point you have. When examiners read the essay they will get bored and only remember first and last thing. So leave a good impression.

third paragraph is your second point, get this point from the extract and elaborate on this.

fourth is another point also get this from the extract. It is better to get points from the extract rather than your head as the extract points can be backed up.

conclusion is not really a conclusion. Its more of a summary of how you should answer the question and deciding what the question is asking about, Make the answer a yes or no question and dont stand on the fence. Standing on the fence makes it seem youre asking a question

Also, i mean also EVALUATE EVERY POINT AND ANSWER THE QUESTION IN EVERY PARAGRAPH
Also, i mean also EVALUATE EVERY POINT AND ANSWER THE QUESTION IN EVERY PARAGRAPH

repeating it so you'll understand how important this is
Reply 26
yes
Original post by sunshine774
Is the highest grade you can get at AS level an A?:smile:
Ok answering an essay question really easy teachers just complicate it for no reason.
first paragraph should be defining all key words in your essay question

second paragraph should consist of the strongest point you have. When examiners read the essay they will get bored and only remember first and last thing. So leave a good impression.

third paragraph is your second point, get this point from the extract and elaborate on this.

fourth is another point also get this from the extract. It is better to get points from the extract rather than your head as the extract points can be backed up.

conclusion is not really a conclusion. Its more of a summary of how you should answer the question and deciding what the question is asking about, Make the answer a yes or no question and dont stand on the fence. Standing on the fence makes it seem youre asking a question

repeating it so you'll understand how important this is

OK- thanks for your help, you are very kind!x:h:
Reply 28
what did you get in both individual papers may i ask

i got an A at AS.

19 marks above an A

126/140

107 for an A

96 for an B

I know my stuff, ask me.

Disappointingly low. If it was a test that counted (it was a linear exam) I would've gotten them both remarked.
48/60 on Macro
46/60 on Micro
To get an A it was 41/60 on Macro and 45/60 on micro, so it's a comfortable A, and I got the highest in my school. But I was expecting more like 55/60 on Micro and 52/60 on macro. Oh well.
Reply 30
congrats. i got 47 on micro and like 55 on macro even though i thought i smashed micro
Original post by lw8
Disappointingly low. If it was a test that counted (it was a linear exam) I would've gotten them both remarked.
48/60 on Macro
46/60 on Micro
To get an A it was 41/60 on Macro and 45/60 on micro, so it's a comfortable A, and I got the highest in my school. But I was expecting more like 55/60 on Micro and 52/60 on macro. Oh well.
congrats. i got 47 on micro and like 55 on macro even though i thought i smashed micro

Wow you smashed it! I thought that too about micro, I guess the marking was really harsh? Determined to get an A* at A2 now though!

Sorry to bother again, I don't know how to start the essay. Can you give me examples please
Reply 33
i honestly cant be bothered to do that look online
Sorry to bother again, I don't know how to start the essay. Can you give me examples please
i honestly cant be bothered to do that look online

I did, that's why I asked for help

64 unit 1
62 unit 2
I did, that's why I asked for help

define the key terms. Quote the Uk's current economic position for macroset out the answer to the question
Any experts here in AQA economics haha?
Original post by sahil19
Any experts here in AQA economics haha?

yep got 19 marks above an A
yep got 19 marks above an A

ah brilliant, I desperately want an A in economics. Anything I should be doing at the start of the year now?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending