The Student Room Group

UCAS Lying !

wag1
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Azim101
On UCAS applications there is a space for 'summer schools'. I dint go to ANY, and I was thinking of saying I have.

Thoughts?

That it makes you a liar and your application fraudulent.
Everything on your UCAS application must be true.*

Many people have never been to summer school. It's not a big enough deal to even be worth lying about. I never went to any and I got four conditional offers.*
telling lies is wrong ?*

no taqiyya on your UCAS form.*
Bad idea.
Reply 5
Not a good idea, also not worth the trouble.
There's not really that much chance of getting caught... But still lying is bad and summer schools don't really effect your application that much.
Reply 7
I doubt you'd get caught, but I really don't know why you would even want to lie. It's not like it's putting you in a better position imho.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Azim101
On UCAS applications there is a space for 'summer schools'. I dint go to ANY, and I was thinking of saying I have.
Thoughts?

So what will you say when you are asked at interview about what you studied at your chosen summer school, what you took away from it, and how its helped you subsequently.
Yeah, don't bother
Don't lie on your application! Not many people have the opportunity to go to a summer school/do relevant work experience anyway, so don't worry too much about that.
No what if they check. The only place you can get away with a few little lies is your personal statement.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending