The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 04MR17
107289No. The second time I accidentally sent a PM half way through writing it in one day. CJ hasn't got back to me even though he promised it'd be today so he's got another PM from me, this time fully written.
Fools need no explanation, they are simply fools.

Whoops, did you accidentally write only half of CJ's PM? :frown: Hopefully he'll get back soon, though it'll probably be tomorrow now as it's outside office hours.

Yep, fools are fools!

107,301 - missed the 100 by one post but hey ho!

Also just had to sort out a problem with my parents' HP machine. The reports were that it was really slow and CORE TEMP was showing unusually high CPU temps.
Had a look into it and Windows Update was using over 50% CPU, whilst doing absolutely nothing!
Process "svchost.exe" was responsible, taking an indepth look it was Windows Update and every time I stopped it, it restarted itself.
Had to do a System restore to 9/13/16 (Sept. 13th), which was when the last big lot of updates were installed.
After a system restore and disabling windows update from services.msc, it seems like everything is OK now.

Why does Windows 10 make it so difficult to stop pesky updates, that's the question...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by spotify95
Whoops, did you accidentally write only half of CJ's PM? :frown: Hopefully he'll get back soon, though it'll probably be tomorrow now as it's outside office hours.

Yep, fools are fools!

No thankfully not him. It may have been Ethan though when I asked him to fix the thread.

P.S. Wrong number.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by XOR_
I'll let you take over now. I've had enough fun for one night.
Original post by 04MR17
107310 I'll let you take over now. I've had enough fun for one night.

Oh , I was just looking to post once randomly.
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
I got it done though!
I'm all good to go :smile:
haha XD
:frown: whyyyyy would anyone even
:colonhash: smh

Awesome, that's good to hear! :smile:

I know, hopefully he stops soon :smile:

Btw, only 1 more day to go before the weekend :smile:

@04MR17 okay, thank goodness the PM to CJ was ok! Maybe he has been exceptionally busy recently, so unable to do anything just yet...

Yep, fools are fools!

107,301 - missed the 100 by one post but hey ho!

Also just had to sort out a problem with my parents' HP machine. The reports were that it was really slow and CORE TEMP was showing unusually high CPU temps.
Had a look into it and Windows Update was using over 50% CPU, whilst doing absolutely nothing!
Process "svchost.exe" was responsible, taking an indepth look it was Windows Update and every time I stopped it, it restarted itself.
Had to do a System restore to 9/13/16 (Sept. 13th), which was when the last big lot of updates were installed.
After a system restore and disabling windows update from services.msc, it seems like everything is OK now.

Why does Windows 10 make it so difficult to stop pesky updates, that's the question...

damn
Original post by XOR_
Oh , I was just looking to post once randomly.

lol
(edited 7 years ago)
Awesome, that's good to hear! :smile:
I know, hopefully he stops soon :smile:
Btw, only 1 more day to go before the weekend :smile:
@04MR17 okay, thank goodness the PM to CJ was ok! Maybe he has been exceptionally busy recently, so unable to do anything just yet...

:wink: yay!
there is still some thunder outside so I'm going to go look for lightning
brb 107,314
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
:wink: yay!
there is still some thunder outside so I'm going to go look for lightning
brb 107,314

It's slightly foggy where I am at the moment. :s-smilie:

Original post by BountyEgg
It's slightly foggy where I am at the moment. :s-smilie:

dull