The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Gun looks pretty realistic, cant say i particularly blame him
Non lethal shot would have been better , but the kid wtfwas he doing
Reply 3
What's the big deal over him being black? If he was a white robbery suspect would the police have laughed and let him off??? Of course they wouldn't people need to grow up and look past that at the fact that
A) a boy pulled a gun (although it was fake it looked realistic) on an officer
B) The police shot a kid.
TBH in this circumstance I don't blame them, but I know if this was the UK he would have been shot non-lethally and be alive for questioning.
So basically gun laws are poor, and the yanks need to grow a pair and knuckle down on their lax gun laws, then remove them from their officers.
If a robbery suspect drew that on me I would shoot first!

Original post by TSR Mustafa
Non lethal shot would have been better , but the kid wtfwas he doing

I do sometimes wonder why police don't shoot for the leg; at least that way the guy should survive.
I suppose it's easier to aim for the centre of mass though & if it's your life in danger you're going to want to safeguard it.
Still, certainly for kids I definitely think a shot to a non-lethal area should be the first option where possible. At the end of the day, the officer has to make their own decision though.
Original post by Crijjkal
A police officer shot and killed a 13-year-old armed robbery suspect in Ohio's capital after the boy pulled a BB gun out of his waistband, police said.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/09/15/us/ohio-columbus-police-kill-teen/

Will BLM take hold of this event to further their agenda ?

This is totally irrelevant . BLACK LIVES MATTER - F THE POLICE DOWN WITH THE HONKEY CRACKERS
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
I don't blame the store owner one bit.
Reply 8
Original post by Betelgeuse-
This is totally irrelevant . BLACK LIVES MATTER - F THE POLICE DOWN WITH THE HONKEY CRACKERS

Yes us disgusting white people I hate the lot of us, sometimes even just staring in the mirror is enough to make me feel sick. :colonhash:
Nominate the kid for a Darwin Award.
Reply 10
don't BB guns legally have to have that bright neon orange tip so you know it ain't real?
Original post by z33
don't BB guns legally have to have that bright neon orange tip so you know it ain't real?

Yeah but I doubt every police officer will have time to check that before shooting if it's acc real
Sounds like a very sad and unfortunate incident, where no-one is particularly to blame, but perhaps the police can learn from it.
"The weapon turned out to be a BB gun with a laser sight attachment designed to help a shooter's aim, according to police."

Nothing to see here, folks.
Reply 14
Original post by z33

Not in America. But here in the UK, they go the extra mile and paint the guns orange everywhere lool.
(edited 7 years ago)
Lol he's an armed robbery suspect after all
Reply 16
Original post by dalegeorge1
Yeah but I doubt every police officer will have time to check that before shooting if it's acc real

hmmm... well it doesn't look like it had it so that was a mistake.
but also why tf are parents not taking away their kids' BB guns, or telling them not to pull them out infront of police officers. Especially with all these shootings.
Though the officer shouldn't have shot that many times, once shoulda been enough :/

Idk, i don't think we can blame the kid or the officer.
Reply 17
Original post by gwagon
Not in America. But here in UK, they go the extra mile and paint the guns orange everywhere lool.

lmao yeah my brother has a few - blindingly neon orange x_x
What fool would point anything that looks remotely like a gun at a police officer? I understand that he's only 13 and teenagers make mistakes but even then you would know not to do that
Suspect draws weapon on Police
Police shoot
Must be some sort of racist agenda...

Latest

Trending

Trending