The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SmiggleWiggle
I'm going to try 2015s' Statistics unit 1 paper now!

That's great! My sixthform has a reputation for producing quite a few Cambridge undergraduates. For me personally, I am not sure what I would like to do at university. I have targeted myself AABB

Good luck! What are the grade boundaries and what are you hoping for?
I reckon you'll get a B 💯

That's great! My sixthform has a reputation for producing quite a few Cambridge undergraduates. For me personally, I am not sure what I would like to do at university. I have targeted myself AABB

Likewise with regards to Oxbridge. I want to ideally study law at Cambridge for which I need A*AA and to my surprise, those are my predicted grades!! Obviously though, my predicted grades changed every term, however I do not believe they will ever go down.
Original post by Jakeprevita2000
Good luck! What are the grade boundaries and what are you hoping for?
I reckon you'll get a B 💯

I marked myself 51/75, Which was a lowish C
I got the probability questions correct. It was 57/75 for a B and 66/75 for an A
I marked myself 51/75, Which was a lowish C
I got the probability questions correct. It was 57/75 for a B and 66/75 for an A

Very good, considering you only made your choice last tuesday 👌 I will have a go at that paper could you message it to me with the grade boundaries? 😆

Wuu2 now?
Very good, considering you only made your choice last tuesday 👌 I will have a go at that paper could you message it to me with the grade boundaries? 😆

Wuu2 now?

On tsr messages or fb or on Texts?

Just doing a lil illustration
Yourself?
(edited 7 years ago)
On tsr messages or fb or on Texts?

Just doing a lil illustration
Yourself?

Texts :smile: What's your illustration on?

I'm just reciting my timetable tbh
Texts :smile: What's your illustration on?

I'm just reciting my timetable tbh

My illustration is called DJ Squirtle, I give credit to Lukas Boscof as i got a basis from his work. 😊

Ken sigamori too ofcourse!
(edited 7 years ago)
Yep! Which texts are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by *Noodles*
Does anybody do Eduqas AS English literature? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I literally have about 3 hours free outta 25 because I took 4 subjects (Maths, Bio, Chem and Psych) so that's fun.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 810
Original post by Fractite
I literally have about 3 hours free outta 25 because I took 4 subjects (Maths, Bio, Chem and Psych) so that's fun.

Wow! How much teaching time do you have per subject?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kxjzh
Wow! How much teaching time do you have per subject?

Posted from TSR Mobile

4 hours for Maths and Psych, then 5 for Bio and Chem because of practicals. Then 4 more hours for some guided learning thing (basically homework time).
Reply 812
Original post by Fractite
4 hours for Maths and Psych, then 5 for Bio and Chem because of practicals. Then 4 more hours for some guided learning thing (basically homework time).

Ahh okay we're fairly similar. I have 4 hours for Biology, 8 hours for health and social care, and then 1 hour of study sessions for Bio, 2 for health so I'm in school 15/25 sessions a week!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gymnast7

Posted from TSR Mobile

1) Jane Eyre and A room with a view.
2) Meantime and A street car named desire
I've started with the poems. What texts are you doing?
Dropping history hopefully 😬 Finding it hard and not that enjoyable...gonna do businesss instead hopefully!!!
Man biology is soooo good though enjoy it very much and psychology and chemistry!!!!great subjects 😌
I'm ok atm making new friends at Sixthform, enjoying voluntary 😃

I'm taking Maths, Statistics, Chemistry and Graphics. Loads of statistics (3 units this year) but it should be alright given I make the effort.

How are you finding the subjects?

Where do you volunteer? (:

Cool! My friend is taking Graphics and is really enjoying it. :h: Good luck! I'm taking S1 and S2 so we could buddy up every now and then. :biggrin:

It's been pretty good so far but I get sooo much homework. :lol: Out of 19 lessons, I got 16 pieces of homework this week. :mmm:

Original post by ColossalAtom
I got a head start during summer :wink:. I'm in the same sixth form as my cousin who did the same subjects as well, so I used her textbook and made notes of it. Done some questions in it as well. Used Google or looked at her assignments if I didn't get something.

Ah, okay. That makes more sense. :tongue: Good idea. :yy:
1) Jane Eyre and A room with a view.
2) Meantime and A street car named desire
I've started with the poems. What texts are you doing?

I'm doing very similar texts:
1) Jane Eyre and (? - not yet sure)
2) Meantime and Streetcar
I've started Jane Eyre with one teacher and Streetcar with the other.

Which other subjects are you taking?
Original post by Gymnast7
I'm doing very similar texts:
1) Jane Eyre and (? - not yet sure)
2) Meantime and Streetcar
I've started Jane Eyre with one teacher and Streetcar with the other.
Which other subjects are you taking?

I'm not too sure about a room with a view, I remember the author but we haven't started anything for that part. I have the anthology for Mean time and there's 35 poems in there; catorgrising them by theme, and there is hardly anything on the Internet or a revision guide or anything?
Religion, ethics and philosophy, English lit, geography and psychology. What about you?
I'm not too sure about a room with a view, I remember the author but we haven't started anything for that part. I have the anthology for Mean time and there's 35 poems in there; catorgrising them by theme, and there is hardly anything on the Internet or a revision guide or anything?
Religion, ethics and philosophy, English lit, geography and psychology. What about you?

I'm taking English lit, history, maths and further maths.
There doesn't seem to be many revision guides around for English; I think the expectation is that we do our own research online about a text, and use that to form our own opinions and present an argument, but with texts where there is little available online, it is difficult to do this...

My school seems to have this really bizarre policy where they ignore the GCSE results we received only a few weeks ago and reassess us on the content of our GCSE exams themselves in a series of assessments over the next two weeks. I understand that they are checking what we have forgotten over the summer, but it just seems a bit excessive! Have you had to do anything like this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest