The Student Room Group

University of Cambridge Freshers Megathread 2016

Scroll to see replies

My college have assigned me an extended-lease room when I asked for term-time, and I have almost no chance of using it out of term... I emailed them asking to downgrade and they essentially said I have no choice but to accept it and the much higher rent. Am I right in thinking this is a bit out of order?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krollo
My college have assigned me an extended-lease room when I asked for term-time, and I have almost no chance of using it out of term... I emailed them asking to downgrade and they essentially said I have no choice but to accept it and the much higher rent. Am I right in thinking this is a bit out of order?

Sounds a bit out of order to me. I presume Corpus differentiates between the two but it seems very odd for them to give you an extended contract (and refuse to let you downgrade) if you didn't ask for one.
Original post by Krollo

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is out of order, talk to them about it

A spokesman for Google said: "We thought you were pulling the udder one when we herd the moos, but it's clear that our automatic face-blurring technology has been a little overzealous.

God, I love Google.

If I was that other cow, I'd be annoyed Google had not respected my privacy in the way they had my mate's.
Original post by Zacken
A spokesman for Google said: "We thought you were pulling the udder one when we herd the moos, but it's clear that our automatic face-blurring technology has been a little overzealous.

God, I love Google.

:lol:
Original post by 16Characters....
If I was that other cow, I'd be annoyed Google had not respected my privacy in the way they had my mate's.

I'd take it as a compliment ygm, I mean the other cow's face was blurred for a reason....
Original post by Serine Soul
I'd take it as a compliment ygm, I mean the other cow's face was blurred for a reason....

Like we call other people 'cows' when they're ugly, they call other cow's 'humans' when they're ugly
Original post by Zacken
Like we call other people 'cows' when they're ugly, they call other cow's 'humans' when they're ugly

'ugh look at that fat human, grazing like that'

Wow, that's pretty nasty Google.
Wow, that's pretty nasty Google.

Only nasty people like me think in nasty ways like that
I'm gonna miss my brother so much
Only nasty people like me think in nasty ways like that

Google want to hire you.

Sincere or sarcastic?

Ahhh, I'm sure he'll miss you too! And Skype's a thing! Cambridge term's are short anywho, and they'll go by so fast 'cause of all the fun and work so you'll be seeing him before you even know it :woo:
why am I pulling all nighters i'm not even at uni yet
Original post by Zacken
why am I pulling all nighters i'm not even at uni yet

probably not the best thing to do at uni too

Was thinking of asking you how your little brother's doing. :smile:
Is he toddling around now? How does he call you?

Sincere or sarcastic?

She has a little baby brother.:smile:
Way too young to be annoying.......yet. :tongue:
I'm trying to look up how to structure essays in written exams at Cambridge. Every resource I find seems to be for typed essays that say you should include a bibliography, references, thesis, etc. As far as I know, for my subject (Land economy) we just do written timed exams.

Do you still need to include this type of stuff for even written exams? Or are they like A-level essays where you just have an introduction, arguments and conclusion?
Original post by ccfctom
I'm trying to look up how to structure essays in written exams at Cambridge. Every resource I find seems to be for typed essays that say you should include a bibliography, references, thesis, etc. As far as I know, for my subject (Land economy) we just do written timed exams.

Do you still need to include this type of stuff for even written exams? Or are they like A-level essays where you just have an introduction, arguments and conclusion?

There's a box in lower part of the page where you can ask a question to current students.

https://www.applytocambridge.com/courses/land-economy

Quick Reply

Latest