The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

aahahahahahah savage

£340k given to this guy cos people felt sorry for him cos he looks different...

Not the happy ending they were expecting
(edited 7 years ago)
don't get it

she raised the money for him so why should he have to give it back?
Original post by BaconandSauce
don't get it

Probably because she she is now in debt to the PR firm used to raise the awareness of the campaign which in turn led to the huge donations. It's not like she's asking him money to buy a car or something.
don't get it

He doesn't have to give it back.
However, he wouldn't have the money in the first place if it weren't for this lady, so why on earth shouldn't he help her? She helped him, and now he won't help her. It's not very nice.
****in' old ****
Original post by Iridocyclitis
Probably because she she is now in debt to the PR firm used to raise the awareness of the campaign which in turn led to the huge donations. It's not like she's asking him money to buy a car or something.

so it's her bill she chose to take this action I can't see why he should have to given anything back other than a donation which he is doing.

She is asking him to get HER out of debt (or trying to make him feel bad so he does pay)

So much for an altruistic action
Original post by littlenorthernlass
He doesn't have to give it back.
However, he wouldn't have the money in the first place if it weren't for this lady, so why on earth shouldn't he help her? She helped him, and now he won't help her. It's not very nice.

He is helping her he's making a donation
He is helping her he's making a donation

Of ten pounds. My, what generosity.
Didn't the guy discover Jesus, sell the house and move to The Shetalnds to preach to the junkies and sheep?

Ah... He gave up on the Shetlands. http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/alan-barnes-attack-victim-buys-10591723
(edited 7 years ago)
so it's her bill she chose to take this action I can't see why he should have to given anything back other than a donation which he is doing.

She is asking him to get HER out of debt (or trying to make him feel bad so he does pay)

Why does altruism in this case have to be a one-way street only?

No, he doesn't have to do this, but it would be the right thing to do given all she has done for him.
Of ten pounds. My, what generosity.

It's still a donation

Do you think he should foot the bill for something he didn't do or ask for?
Why does altruism in this case have to be a one-way street only?

No, he doesn't have to do this, but it would be the right thing to do given all she has done for him.

We don't give to charity to then ask for it back

Why would it be the 'right' thing to do?
It's still a donation

Do you think he should foot the bill for something he didn't do or ask for?

He was happy to accept the money she raised for him. So yes, I think he should.

She is an idiot for not using the money to pay the PR fee's before handing it over to him and yes its not an altruistic action (Shock, its high level virtue signalling) but he absoloutely should be paying the PR fee's
He was happy to accept the money she raised for him. So yes, I think he should.

So if I raise money for a charitable cause then I should be able to ask for some of it back?
Original post by Betelgeuse-
She is an idiot for not using the money to pay the PR fee's before handing it over to him and yes its not an altruistic action (Shock, its high level virtue signalling) but he absoloutely should be paying the PR fee's

:biggrin: I do understand but as we say it's his money and he should be free to do as he please with it (and given one of the conditions he accepted was it was for him to use as he see's fit so its rather odd she now thinks on of the things he should do with some of it is give it her back)

I actually gave money to this campaign and I don't think it's right that the money I gave him should now go to her (crowd sourcing is free she choose to pay for a 'marketing firm' when there really was no need)
:biggrin: I do understand but as we say it's his money and he should be free to do as he please with it (and given one of the conditions he accepted was it was for him to use as he see's fit so its rather odd she now thinks on of the things he should do with some of it is give it her back)

I actually gave money to this campaign and I don't think it's right that the money I gave him should now go to her (crowd sourcing is free she choose to pay for a 'marketing firm' when there really was no need)

Of course its his money but there is a heavy moral obligation on him to pay the PR fee's. We will never know just how much effect the PR campaign had but this guys cause was everywhereee , hard to beleive it didnt contribute more than the £6k it cost

He is a bad person, she is an idiot that got her virtue signalling fingers burnt. Guess its not virtue signalling now she actually has to pay :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
We don't give to charity to then ask for it back

No but you expect charities to help you where they can if you fall into their area of concern.

Why would it be the 'right' thing to do?

Without her he would not have the money and she obviously put a lot of effort and kindness into it. She is now indebted for activities she carried in support of the campaign, so I think it is right for him to help her.
No but you expect charities to help you where they can if you fall into their area of concern.

Without her he would not have the money and she obviously put a lot of effort and kindness into it. She is now indebted for activities she carried in support of the campaign, so I think it is right for him to help her.

this is not s similar issue

yes I would expect help from the RNLI if I'm drowning but not to help get me out of debt

And you can't say that for sure but it his HIS choice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending