(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I think it is a good idea.
Reply 3
That's racysist
Original post by ODES_PDES
I think it is a good idea.

Why?
Yes well everyone's a hypocrite when dealing with immigration.

Take South Africa, did you see the protests largely by Black South Africans protest against immigrants? because South Africa is poor and has a lot of unemployment. The last thing they want is them taking what little jobs they have.

Where are all the anti-fascists groups rallying against them?

Only in the West..
Original post by JewishW4rs
Yes well everyone's a hypocrite when dealing with immigration.

Take South Africa, did you see the protests largely by Black South Africans protest against immigrants? because South Africa is poor and has a lot of unemployment. The last thing they want is them taking what little jobs they have.

Where are all the anti-fascists groups rallying against them?

Only in the West..

You may have a valid point.

However that absurd username prevents rational people from taking you seriously.
I was reading a FT article which interestingly describes Mexico as being a metaphorical wall:

Mexico has become a wall for migrants,” said Sister Magdalena Silva, co-ordinator of Cafemin, a privately run shelter in Mexico City that takes in refugee families, including Rosa’s. The current policy is to arrest migrants to stop them from getting to the US border.

The UN estimates 400,000 Central Americans cross illegally into Mexico each year and as many as half of those are fleeing violence. The majority are quickly deported back to dangerous homes.

Unlike in the US, Mexico has broadened asylum laws to recognise that fleeing violence of the kind practised by the street gangs of Honduras and El Salvador can classify someone as a refugee. But the odds are still stacked against asylum seekers: Mexico deported a record 175,000 Central Americans last year, up 68 per cent from the previous year and nearly two-and-a-half times the number deported by the US.

https://www.ft.com/content/c316294a-7915-11e6-97ae-647294649b28
Make Mexico great again*
I wonder where they got the idea from...
People actually immigrate to Mexico?
The most efficient "wall" you can have to stop immigration to your country, is to make the surrounding countries more pleasant or stable to be in, OR allow yours to deteriorate at such a point that it's more of a dump than the countries people are fleeing from.

Is my guess right that they're fleeing conflicts related to drugs?
Reply 12
Original post by Pinkberry_y
People actually immigrate to Mexico?

It's on the way to the USA.
Original post by Josb
It's on the way to the USA.

Ah I see, a stop off point
Israel has a border. It has an immigration policy that is basically, if you're ethnically Jewish you can come. If you're not, bugger off. They've even steralized people for heaven sake.

When will Hillary Clinton, and her billionaire Jewish progressive oligarch's speak out against this racism?

Thought not...
I don't think people realise that Mexico has one of the fastest growing and most prosperous economies in the Americas.
Original post by ByEeek
Why?

Stop some of the illegal immigration
Original post by JohnGreek
I don't know if this is something that would make Trump happy or not. On the one hand, it stops Central American immigrants from getting into Mexico (with their ultimate destination being the US) illegally. On the other hand, the Mexican government should have used this money to fund his wall! So difficult to decide...

So to the US, Mexico is like what France is to us basically, France being used as a stepping stone to the UK, with the Mexico/US border being the equivalent to the situation in Calais? :rofl:
Original post by ODES_PDES
Stop some of the illegal immigration

In theory, we could stop illegal immigration tomorrow, but choose not to. If anything, when we leave the EU, illegal immigration is likely to rise.
Original post by Fractite
I wonder where they got the idea from...

Not sure.....

*https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezaw-g6TIQI

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending