The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

So if you ever wanted to do uni in the uk, you'd have like a 8 month break from education
I'm doing triple science with Edexcel and in chemistry we're doing atomic structure and ionic bonding, physics we're doing scalers and vectors and biology we've been doing enzymes and the digestive system
Original post by Sardonic Zarah
So if you ever wanted to do uni in the uk, you'd have like a 8 month break from education

yeah, I guess...
Reply 103
Hi My name is Iso and im going to yr 10 (obv)
My GCSE subjects are ( predictions in brackets,i have mine because we started in yr9

Year 10 exams
Religious Studies (A-A*) ( Edexcel)
Maths (9) (Edexcel)

Year 11 exams
Additional Mathematics (idek how this is graded)
Physics (9) (AQA)
Chemistry (9) (Edexcel)
Biology (7-8) (Edexcel)
English Literature (8) (Edexcel)
English Language (8) (Edexcel)
DT (A) (OCR)
History (8) (OCR?)
Spanish (9) (Edexcel)
French (9) (Edexcel)

For A-Levels i want to do Maths, Physics, Chemistry and maybe Economics to study some type of either aero/robotics/automotive/electrical/hardware engineering at ideally UC Berkeley, MIT or Stanford and in the UK, Cambridge, Imperial or Southampton.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Beccaboodle
Hey! I'm Beccaboodle and I'm obviously a Year 10.

I'm taking Maths (don't know exam board), English (AQA), Triple Science (OCR), Religious Studies (AQA), German (AQA), History (EDEXCEL) and Computing (AQA).

I started science in Year 9, and found it pretty easy, so I felt confident about GCSEs. Then Year 10 started...

My favourite subject is Chemistry, closely followed by Computing. English is hardest by far and I'm struggling to enjoy it like I did when I was younger.

I don't really like the new GCSEs very much. The new 9 looks so out of reach, yet Chemistry target grade is 8/9, so who knows what may happen.

Good luck to everyone else starting Year 10! :smile:

come and join the official thread for year 10 where revision is talked and revision notes is shared xD http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4310758
Original post by MrIso
My GCSE subjects are ( predictions in brackets,i have mine because we started in yr9

Year 10 exams
Religious Studies (A-A*)
Maths (9)

Year 11 exams
Physics (9)
Chemistry (9)
Biology (7-8)
English Literature (8)
English Language (8)
DT (A)
History (8)
Spanish (9)
French (9)

For A-Levels i want to do Maths, Physics, Chemistry and maybe Economics to study some type of either /aero/robotics/automotive/electrical/hardware engineering at ideally UC Berkeley, MIT or Stanford and in the UK, Cambridge, Imperial or Southampton.

come and join the official thread more ideal and talked abt revision and revision notes shared xD http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4310758
Reply 106
Apparently we've already finished all of the Maths Spec though?
Come and join the ideal year 10 thread official thread talk alot abt revision here
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4310758
Original post by MrIso
Apparently we've already finished all of the Maths Spec though?

Lucky You GOOD LUCK Xd
Reply 109
Original post by mayu123
Lucky You GOOD LUCK Xd

:tongue:Good luck to you too!!!:five:
Reply 110

You're welcome. I will!!
Original post by MrIso

Year 10 exams
Religious Studies (A-A*) ( Edexcel)
Maths (9) (Edexcel)

Year 11 exams
Physics (9) (AQA)
Chemistry (9) (Edexcel)
Biology (7-8) (Edexcel)
English Literature (8) (Edexcel)
English Language (8) (Edexcel)
DT (A) (OCR)
History (8) (OCR?)
Spanish (9) (Edexcel)
French (9) (Edexcel)

For A-Levels i want to do Maths, Physics, Chemistry and maybe Economics to study some type of either aero/robotics/automotive/electrical/hardware engineering at ideally UC Berkeley, MIT or Stanford and in the UK, Cambridge, Imperial or Southampton.

Hi Iso... where are you from?
Reply 112
Hi Lauren! I am originally from Nigeria but moved to Lewisham South London when i was 3 years old, what about you?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by MrIso
Hi Lauren! I am originally from Nigeria but moved to Lewisham South London when i was 3 years old, what about you?

Oh my GOD i live in bexley welling and you are in Lewisham ???
Original post by MrIso

It's really complicated... my mom is Indonesian Chinese, my dad is Indonesian Chinese American (and a little bit Dutch), but I was born and is still living in Singapore. I consider myself American, and I don't speak any Chinese AT ALL...
Original post by MrIso

Omg, I'm Nigerian too 😊, I'm Hausa. I take it you're Yoruba?
Reply 116
Original post by Sardonic Zarah
Omg, I'm Nigerian too 😊, I'm Hausa. I take it you're Yoruba?

Omg hi! You're the second Nigerian i've found on this site. No, i'm not Yoruba actually- i'm from Benin City Edo state (ethnically Edo), its not as popular as Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa. I've not met many Hausa people before.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by MrIso
Omg hi! You're the second Nigerian i've found on this site. No, i'm not Yoruba actually- i'm from Benin City Edo state (ethnically Edo), its not as popular as Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa. I've not met many Hausa people before.

Us Hausas are good at hiding, what GCSEs are you doing?
Reply 118
Original post by mayu123
Oh my GOD i live in bexley welling and you are in Lewisham ???

You live so close to me :eek::eek:. Also, I could have gone to Beth's school in Bexley and moved to bexley, then we would have been in the same borough!! I dont see many people in South London here except for Croydon.
Reply 119
That is complicated, but its an interesting mix, no-one could say that you're boring! What accent do you speak in, an Australian, British, American or other?

Latest