The Student Room Group

ID Ban from nightclub.

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if it's possible to use a different form of identification such as a passport? This is because I got in an incident 5 months ago with a bouncer and I got into trouble when i done nothing wrong so he barred me from all the local clubs using the ID scanner. Much appreciated if anyone has any solutions.
Original post by Kieranb34
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if it's possible to use a different form of identification such as a passport? This is because I got in an incident 5 months ago with a bouncer and I got into trouble when i done nothing wrong so he barred me from all the local clubs using the ID scanner. Much appreciated if anyone has any solutions.

Yes, you can use a passport. I used to. Problem is though that they are quite fragile so mine ended up being pretty tatty after a couple of years of clubbing. Easy to lose as well, because you can't just keep it in your wallet.
Yes, I use my (expired) passport for ID. As the above user said they get pretty scuffed up though, mine has no gold left on the front cover. You can get ID cards for fairly cheap from Validate UK if that works out better.

If you've been banned like that then they will most likely know your name though, no? It's unlikely you would have had such a severe ban for doing nothing wrong... :eyeball: :tongue:
Reply 3
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Yes, I use my (expired) passport for ID. As the above user said they get pretty scuffed up though, mine has no gold left on the front cover. You can get ID cards for fairly cheap from Validate UK if that works out better.

If you've been banned like that then they will most likely know your name though, no? It's unlikely you would have had such a severe ban for doing nothing wrong... :eyeball: :tongue:

Thanks for replying, well basically a friend of mine said come in the toilet with him and then I got accused for doing something funny. What I mean is that I did get banned and I still am today until January :frown: but it was my driving license that is is banned, but if I use a passport will I still be in the same situation?
Reply 4
Sorry if I didn't state I meant that if I use my passport instead of my driving license will I still be banned or since they are two different ID's will they work?
Sorry if I didn't state I meant that if I use my passport instead of my driving license will I still be banned or since they are two different ID's will they work?

My understanding, (from looking at the scanners for 0.2 seconds every time I go to a club :tongue: ) is that the scanners don't just scan a picture, they actually read your name and DOB. So honestly I doubt it would work because the name will be the same.
Reply 6
That's true :frown: I thought that but I thought maybe they scan specfic cards but that's probably correct. Not sure how they could ban me from all the local clubs for doing nothing. I wonder if there's a way round it or anything
That's true :frown: I thought that but I thought maybe they scan specfic cards but that's probably correct. Not sure how they could ban me from all the local clubs for doing nothing. I wonder if there's a way round it or anything

TBH, unless they're owned by the same company, that might have been just talk
I doubt they actually bother to share databases with other clubs or even check if you are banned from that particular club on the night you try to get in.

It's probably more just to help the police with evidence if you do something illegal and you try to claim that you weren't at the club or that the CCTV footage is inconclusive - they can then say, 'so why was your ID scanned on the door that night?'.
false.. I got banned from one club after being sexually harassed and making a police report about it, and they banned me under every scanner in AB and BC. can I use my passport? how long is the ban .. uhg
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 10
I got kicked out of a pub last night through having a disagreement with a bouncer how long is the length of that ban
Reply 11
Hi everyone,

Hi, did you try using your passport? Did it work?? Thanks!!
My mate got banned from Astoria in Portsmouth on his provisional, but he can get in using his passport 😂
Reply 13
Did it work using a passport instead of your driving license?
Reply 14
Did you find out?
Reply 15
I banned 4 years ago without noticing that I been banned. after 4 yeas when I went club the checked my driving license on ID scanner then they said to me you are banned even though I do not really know the reason.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending