The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by QE2
Biologically, we still are animals, but we both know the difference between the two uses of the word, so rather than deflecting, why don't you respond to my actual point.

You claimed that the Quran didn't refer to me as an "animal" (or "beast" or "creature", depending on the translation. And the "vilest" or "worst" of them, to be accurate).
I proved that it does.
Do you think the Quran is right or wrong?

we're not animals we evolved from giants. There's even proof you can search it up. There's some fossils of giant humans. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 161
Original post by KingBradly
Because I strongly dislike it.

Right..... I strongly dislike ice cream but i wont start a whole argument about it on tsr.
Original post by NimcoA
Right..... I strongly dislike ice cream but i wont start a whole argument about it on tsr.

You better not. I will take you down if you **** with my ice cream ;-)
Reply 163
Original post by EdwardBarfield9
You better not. I will take you down if you **** with my ice cream ;-)

Loool, this is why i keep this dislike to myself:tongue:
Original post by NimcoA

Ice cream didn't originate from a way of helping to keep women as chattel.
Ice cream didn't originate from a way of helping to keep women as chattel.

If the woman chooses to wear the niqab, what's wrong with that? In the Uk, women dang be forced to wear something or to not wear something.
Original post by Trapz99
If the woman chooses to wear the niqab, what's wrong with that? In the Uk, women dang be forced to wear something or to not wear something.

I think if a woman chooses to wear it, then that's fine. But more often than not there is a factor of pressure involved. Even so, sure I think people should be free to wear it in public. I don't support banning it. But I can see why someone wouldn't want people to wear it in their restaurant, and I feel bad for the guy who's getting international hate directed at him just because he treated her like I'm sure he would have done with anyone else who wore something that covered their face (except on hallowe'en perhaps).
Original post by OGGUS
we're not animals we evolved from giants. There's even proof you can search it up. There's some fossils of giant humans. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

0/10
I think if a woman chooses to wear it, then that's fine. But more often than not there is a factor of pressure involved. Even so, sure I think people should be free to wear it in public. I don't support banning it. But I can see why someone wouldn't want people to wear it in their restaurant, and I feel bad for the guy who's getting international hate directed at him just because he treated her like I'm sure he would have done with anyone else who wore something that covered their face (except on hallowe'en perhaps).

Exactly I wear it out of my OWN choice. Why is that so HARD to comprehend? Honestly.
Original post by MiszShortee786
Exactly I wear it out of my OWN choice. Why is that so HARD to comprehend? Honestly.

Yeh, you can wear in public, I support that. The point is if someone doesn't want you to wear it in his establishment then that is his own choice.
Yeh, you can wear in public, I support that. The point is if someone doesn't want you to wear it in his establishment then that is his own choice.

I would of given you a scenario however I think am just going to leave it here.
Original post by MiszShortee786
I would of given you a scenario however I think am just going to leave it here.

hahahahahaha
Original post by QE2
Insisting on wearing a mask in someone else's place of business has nothing to do with the ability to practice a religion.

And if someone chooses to practice their Aztec religion by cutting out the heart of a willing sacrifice, should that be allowed?

how is that a fair example when that would cause harm and this hurts NO ONE
Original post by alexschmalex
Maybe it's just me, but I think there's a massive difference between a balaclava which is pretty much only used for criminal activity and religious headgear. Sure I don't agree with covering a woman from head to toe so that us men aren't the ones tempted but at the same time it doesn't mean I'm going to assume she's secretly trying to blow me up. Really don't get how we in the west can demand others to conform and bend to our culture when we literally show zero respect for theirs and expect them to change it like an old pair of batteries

Why should we respect their culture? Culture and tradition are not valid reasons to respect something.The aztecs had a tradition of human sacrafice perhaps we should respect that as well?
Original post by samaad1

That's besides the point he is making. The point is that just because something is religious, it doesn't mean that people should be able to do it. Now, I agree that people should be able to go around in public with a niqab on, but as it is common for restaurants not to allow people to wear motorbike helmets, balaclavas or anything else that hides a person's face, I don't see why there should be such a furore about someone being told to take their niqab off in a restaurant.
Original post by samaad1

Where do we draw the line?

If you don't like Aztec sacrifice then you need to acknowledge that religion can and should be subjected to the same boundaries as every other form of human conduct - this means that if it is unacceptable to cover your face because the risk of crime is high (banks being a prime example) you should not be able to circumvent this by saying it's religious.
That's besides the point he is making. The point is that just because something is religious, it doesn't mean that people should be able to do it. Now, I agree that people should be able to go around in public with a niqab on, but as it is common for restaurants not to allow people to wear motorbike helmets, balaclavas or anything else that hides a person's face, I don't see why there should be such a furore about someone being told to take their niqab off in a restaurant.

Becuase those things do not need to be wore inside however for muslim women and girls the niqab hijab burqah all have to be worn inside
Reply 177
Ice cream didn't originate from a way of helping to keep women as chattel

I OBJECT to the way you are making out that these muslim women who wear the niqab are animals. You are a dickhead period. I think your hateful and spiteful. I am not engaging with you anymore. You're not displaying any respect towards these women then theyre so called oppressors. You dont really care and i think your the type of guy who attack muslim women on te street and online however never seem to confront the so called enslavers ire the muslim men.
Original post by Trapz99
If the woman chooses to wear the niqab, what's wrong with that?

Putting aside the question of whether she is really choosing to wear it, or whether her husband and relatives are pressing her into it, there is plenty wrong.

She is deliberately choosing to wear garments that carry an aggressive message to those who see her: I am here and I refuse to be assimilated into your society; I wish to live as I would have lived if I had been born into seventh century Arabia and will make no concessions to living in temperate climes among modern people; I hold superstitious beliefs that are so overwhelmingly important that they mean I cannot (or choose not to) communicate normally with you; I fear what your men will do to me (even though all indications that my own men are far more dangerous) if they catch a glimpse of my face and hair; I and my family wish to be apart; keep away.

That is neither friendly (no matter what the demeanour of the wearer is) nor conducive to good relations with society at large.

Now, you may say that modern nuns wear similar clothes, and that is correct. But what you ignore is that nuns are living an unnatural life, in pursuit only of their superstitious beliefs, and have set themselves completely apart from society. They give similar messages and they are tolerated only because they are so few, and so seldom seen.
Wow, it's his loss. One less paying customer for him

Latest

Trending

Trending