The Student Room Group

Whats the best thing to do about this thing that irritates me?

Mymum has started to sell stuff on ebay and she wraps things in the spare room/stock room which is right next to my bedroom. All i can hear all evening and morning is the sound of brown tape being wrapped around parcels which any of you who sell on ebay or wrap parcels will know sounds very loud.

Im not objecting to her doing it or anything but the noise/sound of it just irritates the hell out of me. I know that when the sound starts im going to have to listen to another few hours of it as she wraps several parcels at once. Ive got that irritated ive thrown my trainer at the wardrobe and banged my desk hard (and this is when im not on my period!) I cant tell her about it though as when i tell her about doing things she says im trying to control her. Its easy to say move out but what can i do in the short term?
:/
Reply 1
Try and get through to her. sit her down and talk to her about what its doing to you. keep telling her repeatedly until she gets it
Original post by Anonymous
Mymum has started to sell stuff on ebay and she wraps things in the spare room/stock room which is right next to my bedroom. All i can hear all evening and morning is the sound of brown tape being wrapped around parcels which any of you who sell on ebay or wrap parcels will know sounds very loud.

Im not objecting to her doing it or anything but the noise/sound of it just irritates the hell out of me. I know that when the sound starts im going to have to listen to another few hours of it as she wraps several parcels at once. Ive got that irritated ive thrown my trainer at the wardrobe and banged my desk hard (and this is when im not on my period!) I cant tell her about it though as when i tell her about doing things she says im trying to control her. Its easy to say move out but what can i do in the short term?
:/

Put in your headphones and listen to some music?
Reply 3
Original post by Allie4
Try and get through to her. sit her down and talk to her about what its doing to you. keep telling her repeatedly until she gets it

I cant though as she wil get annoyed she thinks im controlling as i often tell her about other irritating things that annoy me. Like her having her tv on loud all night (she falls alseep with it on) and leaving the bathroom window open wide every night which makes the doors upstairs bang with the wind. Im just very sensitivive to noise etc. She says that she cant live her life because of me complaining.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending