The Student Room Group

2017 Investment Banking Graduate scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheParham
Yh was standard SHL last year

Any ideas on how difficult it is? i.e. how much extensive prep I need to do for it?

Also, do you only get this test after you pass the SJT or do you get it automatically anyway?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Commercial Paper
Any ideas on how difficult it is? i.e. how much extensive prep I need to do for it?

Also, do you only get this test after you pass the SJT or do you get it automatically anyway?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haven't applied this year, it was very standard SHL logical (easy for me, not being big headed).. Same as what UBS had last year if you remember
For HSBC it says on their website the Markets Graduate Scheme open 3rd October, does anyone know from last year if they actually hire then or no ?
Nomura's online application form only asks you to upload a CV, does that mean a cover letter isn't required?
Original post by Thomas9853
Nomura's online application form only asks you to upload a CV, does that mean a cover letter isn't required?

I didn't upload a CL and got through to the online tests.*
Does anyone know how long Lazard take to get back to applicants after the Assessment Centre?
Original post by josh_v
I didn't upload a CL and got through to the online tests.*

Yea I called to confirm and they said they don't do cover letters anymore. Typical HR leaving loads of cover letter info on the application tips. :angry:
Original post by jlm_really
For HSBC it says on their website the Markets Graduate Scheme open 3rd October, does anyone know from last year if they actually hire then or no ?

anyone ?
Just got rejected from Deutsche for not graduating between July 2016 and July 2016. I graduated July 8th 2016. Rang the number they supplied in their email for graduate recruitment HR. Apparently thats not the number for graduate recruitment HR.*

Anyone know if this is normal standard for Deutsche?*
Hey all, quick question: Am i right in saying Nomura hasn't got a full-time grad programme in Global Markets? I can only see one for IBD

Thanks !
anyone ?

They do indeed, I got to AC round but I know people who got it
Original post by josh_v
Just got rejected from Deutsche for not graduating between July 2016 and July 2016. I graduated July 8th 2016. Rang the number they supplied in their email for graduate recruitment HR. Apparently thats not the number for graduate recruitment HR.*

Anyone know if this is normal standard for Deutsche?*

Do you mean July 2017 and July 2017 ? also did you apply to the grad or intern programme ?
I sent you a pm with the number try that maybe
Do you mean July 2017 and July 2017 ? also did you apply to the grad or intern programme ?
I sent you a pm with the number try that maybe

The email says 2016-2017. My course ended in November 2015, but I didn't actually graduate until July 2016.*

Seems overly picky on their behalf. *
Original post by JessicaPearson
It is deceptively simple and extremely long. I found the combination of an SJT with a numerical kind of odd! They state that it should take ~50 minutes but it took me about an hour and twenty. Read each question carefully, look through the given material and take your time.

Have you heard back yet after doing thr sjt?
anyone else got citi markets AC next week? has anyone got any experience of/tips for Citi AC?
Original post by kanem101
anyone else got citi markets AC next week? has anyone got any experience of/tips for Citi AC?

Are they doing AC's already... I submitted my app today.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kanem101

is this for grad or summer ?
is this for grad or summer ?

grad role
Hey guys,

Can anyone name the main banks that allow recent grads/final years to apply to their summer internships?

Thought it would be a good to have a list.

Thanks in advance to those that reply.
Original post by souman
Are they doing AC's already... I submitted my app today.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeaah, i submitted the day they opened, 3rd sep - they're only hiring a few extra analysts they've recruited mainly from the internship

Quick Reply

Latest