The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NV37
Just applied now, im a final year (assuming they allow final years). Did you hear from them? If so, first round?

nah i havent heard anything
Gleacher shacklock interview
Hey guys, I have a couple of questions:

1) For centerview, can you apply to their summer internship if you have already graduated?
If the answer is no, then is there no point in applying to their full time programme if I do not have an internship in IB? (I Interned with KPMG in their advisory business, which is basically IB but not to the same scale or breadth)

2) is the comments section on centerview's application portal used to insert a cover letter? Or do most people just leave it blank?
(edited 7 years ago)
For JP Morgan's pre-University section, if you did STEP how would you put that down?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by apriori1234
For JP Morgan's pre-University section, if you did STEP how would you put that down?

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol, why would they care about STEP?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
lol, why would they care about STEP?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's a pre-University qualification I guess haha :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by apriori1234
It's a pre-University qualification I guess haha :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

A levels/IB/Scottish Higher are all that's really needed tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by panda12
Hey guys, I have a couple of questions:

1) For centerview, can you apply to their summer internship if you have already graduated?
If the answer is no, then is there no point in applying to their full time programme if I do not have an internship in IB? (I Interned with KPMG in their advisory business, which is basically IB but not to the same scale or breadth)

2) is the comments section on centerview's application portal used to insert a cover letter? Or do most people just leave it blank?

1) No. Absolutely not. You need that internship.

2) No just additional comments.
Should I bother applying to Merrill Lynch if I haven't attended any of their presentations or actually talked to anyone in the company (the competency question)? Feel like I shouldnt..
Original post by volatilityskew2
Should I bother applying to Merrill Lynch if I haven't attended any of their presentations or actually talked to anyone in the company (the competency question)? Feel like I shouldnt..

Lol what? This isn't the US, networking isn't a prerequisite assuming you have a good CV.
has anyone applied for the corporate broking internship at citi?
has anyone applied to sales or trading at barclays and got invited to the video interview?
Updated the OP, if you have any changes or improvements just say.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry, whats OP? Trying to find out the test provider for credit suisse
Original post by Ox2018
Sorry, whats OP? Trying to find out the test provider for credit suisse

original post*
Original post by volatilityskew2

apply
Anyone heard back from Blackrock? I applied several days ago submitting the videos but received no feedback yet
original post*

Thanks for this Prince, I was hoping to bring this up to prevent people repeating questions
Original post by Dante991
Thanks for this Prince, I was hoping to bring this up to prevent people repeating questions

No probs :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by oracle95
has anyone applied to sales or trading at barclays and got invited to the video interview?

Yes. Applied for Trading/Structuring. I did Insight 1 yesterday and received the invite to the video interview within 30-60 minutes.
2 questions:

1.) is it possible to prep for 2nd round barclays online video interview thingamabob?

2.) citi screen before tests right? does this mean i am guaranteed next round if i pass tests?

Quick Reply