The Student Room Group

The Arsenal Thread XXV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zürich
We are a solid XI but we are aids/HIV positive with Walcott/AOC.

Not just them, but in terms of starters - this is our absolute problem.

Walcott/OX are such awful awful awful awful players, cant you see this?

its ok though because OX is due to have his god-like half a season soon, which will then be used as a reason to keep him at the club for the next 10 years, despite never living up to it again..

(reference: all our English players)
Original post by Zürich
We are a solid XI but we are aids/HIV positive with Walcott/AOC.

Not just them, but in terms of starters - this is our absolute problem.

Walcott/OX are such awful awful awful awful players, cant you see this?

Both have been living on the sparse glimpses of brilliance we have seen in previous seasons. I thought Ox was going to be comfortably better than Theo, but I would much rather have Theo in the team ahead of him these days.

Ox's predominant skill is to basically run past a few players then show no end product whatsoever. And often he loses the ball in stupid positions where we get bummed on the countered. He has not really developed that weakness out of his game. Crystal Palace, that is his level. And even then he would not be ahead of the likes of Townsend. He's actually on the exact same level as a Wilfred Zaha if you watch the two play, especially in big games, they are very similar in how utterly frustrating they are.

I have hope for Iwobi, doesn't seem to be like the typical brainless winger we are seeing at this club. More like a Wenger winger/playmaker hybrid.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by fallen_acorns
its ok though because OX is due to have his god-like half a season soon, which will then be used as a reason to keep him at the club for the next 10 years, despite never living up to it again..

(reference: all our English players)

Wilshere is honestly the only English player that we definitely know has the talent to cut it in the first team.

I personally don't think Chambers will make it. He lacks the pace at right back, he is short for a CB and lacks the physicality. His positioning and reading of the game is suspect, thus leading him to often make catastrophic errors. People are saying he could slot in at CDM but, I highly doubt it given he lacks the skills... Bielik would sooner have a good claim to that spot than him ffs.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 443
Mustafi is 1cm taller than Chambers.
^rekt
Mustafi is good in the air though.

Otamendi is pretty short for a CB but a tank in the air.
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Mustafi is 1cm taller than Chambers.

He's got a good leap and is a bit hard.
Original post by Lúcio
^rekt

You will be silenced tonight.
Original post by James.Carnell
You will be silenced tonight.

Pls don't :frown:

Not sure if it's better to get it over with early, or its worse having to go through all our rivals winning afterwards...

Only one Arsene Wenger. 20 years today since he joined us. A towering figure throughout my life, I am 25 and I was there in his first season. Can't imagine an Arsenal without him, for me it will be very emotional the day he leaves.
But, I think it is time he goes now, it's best for him to take one big European club job with an unlimited budget and go all out for the CL.
/\ worst type of fan

Arsenal FC not Arsene FC.

Guy would get fourth if he managed Bayern ffs.
Original post by swirly
/\ worst type of fan

No WOB's are the worst types of fans. You ***** are always quiet when the game is being played but as soon as it ends you're all ****ing moaning and Wenger out. And those are the ones that actually go to the games.

Wenger needs to go to prove himself on a level playing field with the other big clubs. We are not the right project for him at this time. And frankly, I have grown ashamed of the Wenger out fans of the club for the way they have treated him.

And yes, I am primarily an Arsene supporter these days. He is all I have ever known in my life at the club and I don't think I can support a soulless but 'big' trophy winning Arsenal without him at the helm.

The fans are what make the club, and I think the fans have ruined the club for me.
So apparently Reus was the 'madness' we were in for throughout the summer.
http://www.afcamden.com/single-post/2016/09/14/Summertime-Madness

Imagine having Reus on the wing instead of that **** Ox. Weeping.
Original post by midnightice
So apparently Reus was the 'madness' we were in for throughout the summer.
http://www.afcamden.com/single-post/2016/09/14/Summertime-Madness

Imagine having Reus on the wing instead of that **** Ox. Weeping.

A fit Reus. His injury record is Arsenal standard.

Man, Reus on the wing with Alexis on the left would have been abuse.
Original post by swirly
/\ worst type of fan

As soon as AW leaves, I'll just check the score on my mobile every now and again
Original post by Zürich
As soon as AW leaves, I'll just check the score on my mobile every now and again

How do you think the glory hunting fans feel. They got into it around the time of the invincibles, and thought the likes of Henry and Bergkamp was just the norm, and then treated to a decade of this shitshow of Walcott and Oxlade Chamberlain and Fourth Place Trophy :colonhash:
x

Original post by Zürich
x

btw you guys seen this?

Original post by swirly
btw you guys seen this?

:cry2:
:cry2:

There's a full 16 minute interview if you want to see it. Guy just breathes Arsenal.

Original post by Zürich

Come on mate. Seriously. Wenger has been Arsenal manager my whole life, I don't know any different. But he's not the club. I'll follow Arsenal the same regardless of who the manager is.

Quick Reply

Latest