The Student Room Group

Abb to aaa ?

Hello,
If anyone has any success stories of turning pretty average AS grades into decent A2 grades, as well as any tips, that would be greatly appreciated !
I got ABB but would really like to go Southampton, they want AAA. So, is it unrealistic to go from ABB at AS to AAA at A2 ?
Thank you
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
Very possible
Well I got ACC at AS & at A2 managed ABB so I dont see why you couldn't get AAA

Posted from TSR Mobile
How about a dreadful to good grade success story? :wink:
My AS grades for subjects I was going to continue were DDE. I finished with AAA. Don't get me wrong it wasn't hard work and far more stress than if I'd just pulled my finger out in year 12 but I got there eventually.
My AS grades were ABBBU.

with 2 exam resits alongside my A2's I ended up with A*A*AB at A2, and I'm fast tracking another A2 in my gap year predicted at A*

DO NOT GET HUNG UP ON YOUR AS LEVELS, honestly with a bit of tough work they're easy to turn around

However,
unless you're at the top grade boundary of the B, I would probably recommend resitting your AS exams with the B's in (ironically my A*'s came form the subjects I previously had B's in, not the one I got an A in). it seems like a lot of extra work, but your A2's complement your AS's, so a lot of the time it's almost like revision. Also you're working on your exam skills whilst doing your A2's and that's probably the most helpful thing

Resitting these AS's also takes a little bit of pressure off your A2's so it's not all just sitting on one exam to get a ridiculously high A
(edited 7 years ago)
I went from ABC to AAA so it's definitely possible.
I'd definitely advise doing resits. I resat C1 and C2 in maths and Chem1 and Chem2 in chemistry. After doing A2 maths and chemistry for a few months, AS was a breeze. Doing resits doesn't increase your workload very much at all since you've already done the modules and it'll boost your grade by a lot.
Original post by VMD100
How about a dreadful to good grade success story? :wink:
My AS grades for subjects I was going to continue were DDE. I finished with AAA. Don't get me wrong it wasn't hard work and far more stress than if I'd just pulled my finger out in year 12 but I got there eventually.

How u do dis? R u a wizard?

Spoiler

Biology, Chemistry and History
Original post by VMD100
Biology, Chemistry and History

Solid subjects, I'm impressed, but how did you do it?
Well pending what your sixth form is like they may make you attend AS lessons. Mine wanted me to but I just didn't turn up for them as I would have no time at all. To be honest in the subjects I did minus history it wasn't too bad as a lot of the content followed on in year 13. And the exams aren't usually too close together that you can't revise for them all. Personally from February onwards I revised A2 a little bit. Most of April i didn't revise as I was lambing (unwise but meh) at the start of may I revised AS for the exams at the end of the month while still revising A2. All my A2 exams were mid to late June so I still had time.
The high B's will hopefully change :smile: My A2 history was 4ums off an A and went up by 10ums in a remark. If not definitely resit them, you will hardly have to gain anything which should Ben doable as you will find the exams easier

Quick Reply

Latest