The Student Room Group

Is this possible

I asked my teacher if she could at least predict me a B for chemistry and she said no. I got a D at AS which is obviously my fault and responsibility but I really wasn't expecting it . I want to do a Maths degree at either Manchester, Nottingham, Southampton, Bath/Birmingham or Surrey. Their typical offers are in the A*AA-AAB range. As well as A2 chemistry I also do A2 Maths and Further Maths. For Maths, Further Maths and Chemistry my predicted grades are going to be A*(A*/A)C respectively. Does anyone know someone who has been in this situation before?
Reply 1
Original post by Dynamic_Vicz
I asked my teacher if she could at least predict me a B for chemistry and she said no. I got a D at AS which is obviously my fault and responsibility but I really wasn't expecting it . I want to do a Maths degree at either Manchester, Nottingham, Southampton, Bath/Birmingham or Surrey. Their typical offers are in the A*AA-AAB range. As well as A2 chemistry I also do A2 Maths and Further Maths. For Maths, Further Maths and Chemistry my predicted grades are going to be A*(A*/A)C respectively. Does anyone know someone who has been in this situation before?

Given the C is not in a maths subject, they may still give you an offer but unless you fulfill their contextual offer requirements it will be A*AA.

And if you go on to get A*AC they may still accept you.

Or they may not... no-one can say for sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
Given the C is not in a maths subject, they may still give you an offer but unless you fulfill their contextual offer requirements it will be A*AA.

And if you go on to get A*AC they may still accept you.

Or they may not... no-one can say for sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So there is hope :colondollar:
Reply 3
Original post by Dynamic_Vicz
So there is hope :colondollar:

There's always hope :smile:

Best thing would be to contact the admissions depts at your shortlisted universities to see what they say.
Original post by jneill
There's always hope :smile:

Best thing would be to contact the admissions depts at your shortlisted universities to see what they say.
Ah yes I will do that definitely

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending