The Student Room Group

A level question

got 7cs in GCSE the requirements for alevels were 5 GCSEs including two b grades however some people even got to do it with one B but when I was getting enrolled they said no. Now I'm doing btec but I want to do a levels it has only been a week do you think they could change if I really wanted to even if I didn't get a grade B
There's no harm in trying again. Could always persuade them by saying if you don't show improvement by December they can kick you off (although please make sure you work hard until then). Making consider going to a different sixth form?
Reply 2
Original post by Westhamfan40
got 7cs in GCSE the requirements for alevels were 5 GCSEs including two b grades however some people even got to do it with one B but when I was getting enrolled they said no. Now I'm doing btec but I want to do a levels it has only been a week do you think they could change if I really wanted to even if I didn't get a grade B

I feel sorry for you tbh, because I was in the exact same position. I had to take an A-level course that I really didn't like, because I didn't get the required grades for the subject I did want to take. To be honest, your best bet is speaking to somebody high up in your school, and offering them a little deal. Ask them to move you onto the course until the October Assessments. Make the deal that if you don't achieve at least a C or above in the subject, then they can kick you off the course. Very fair deal.
Original post by Sarah1778
There's no harm in trying again. Could always persuade them by saying if you don't show improvement by December they can kick you off (although please make sure you work hard until then). Making consider going to a different sixth form?

Do you think I could have chance because it has been a week and a half
Original post by Westhamfan40
Do you think I could have chance because it has been a week and a half

Make sure it's the first thing you do on Monday, but still it's not too late yet. I know people that have changed subjects/courses, moved back to my college, moved from my college to another even after a month or more, so don't worry.
Original post by Sarah1778
Make sure it's the first thing you do on Monday, but still it's not too late yet. I know people that have changed subjects/courses, moved back to my college, moved from my college to another even after a month or more, so don't worry.

In most colleges can you do Ict and computer science. Thing is it's only one grade b I needed in any subject it's like they think I got lods of grade d's

Quick Reply

Latest