The Student Room Group

GCSE English Language Resit (November)

Ill keep this short and simple. I am a A2 student doing a level maths,biology,chemistry. I got a c in English language in my gcses.
Is there a chance that i can resit my gcses and improve to an A for November exam.
thanks
Reply 1
Yes. If you're confident you'd have time to put in the work. Are you aiming for medicine by any chance?
Reply 2
Original post by Clemm101
Yes. If you're confident you'd have time to put in the work. Are you aiming for medicine by any chance?

yes i am medicine or dentistry
Reply 3
You'll need that A then :wink:. Entries for November resits are at the beginning of October so you should speak to your school/college as soon as possible. Best of luck.
Reply 4
Original post by Bence9912
yes i am medicine or dentistry

I heard in medicine they don't allow resit gcse qualifications ( I'm looking in the same field )

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by goal101
I heard in medicine they don't allow resit gcse qualifications ( I'm looking in the same field )

Posted from TSR Mobile

Some do, some don't. They are more likely to accept re-sits in English than they are in Sciences.
Reply 6
Some do, some don't. They are more likely to accept re-sits in English than they are in Sciences.

Which universities accept it? And do you know about maths gcse aswell ? Is it the same case

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Have a look here http://www.medschools.ac.uk/SiteCollectionDocuments/MSC-Entry-requirements-for-UK-medical-schools.pdf for Medicine. For Dentistry you'll have to look at individual Universities. On the whole they're not keen on re-sits BUT with excellent A-Level grades and if you meet the minimum requirements and do well with admissions tests you should be good. What did you get in Maths? Re-sits in English and Maths might not look so good.
Reply 8
Have a look here http://www.medschools.ac.uk/SiteCollectionDocuments/MSC-Entry-requirements-for-UK-medical-schools.pdf for Medicine. For Dentistry you'll have to look at individual Universities. On the whole they're not keen on re-sits BUT with excellent A-Level grades and if you meet the minimum requirements and do well with admissions tests you should be good. What did you get in Maths? Re-sits in English and Maths might not look so good.

maths i got an A
Reply 9
I would re-sit the English and aim get at least a B. Most Universities are interested in Maths and Science GCSEs and some state that you need a B in English - with good A-Levels and entry admission scores, as well as the GCSE requirements (even if one is a re-sit) you can't go far wrong.

Thanks for this - I got a C in GCSE maths and English lang
the course i want to apply doesnt mind the C in english but Maths has to be at least a B
Do you think I should do english aswell ?
Im finding it hard with A2 work and Gcse
dont really know what to do
I wouldn't add any extra pressure. Re-sit the Maths and don't worry about the English if you don't need it. A2 work is demanding and you don't want your A-Level grades to suffer as ultimately they are far more important.
Yes its more than possible i got a 5 in english lang and alhamdulilah today i got an 8 in my resit

Quick Reply

Latest