The Student Room Group

Is The Student Room productive for you or not?

Be honest, its a no for me :redface:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SuperHuman98
Be honest, its a no for me :redface:

Is it ****! I'm more productive whilst *******!
Reply 2
no lol
y is this even a question :lol:
Original post by z33
no lol
y is this even a question :lol:

Want to see what the TSR heavyweights ,have to say.
The chat forum used to waste my time. I don't there so often now. :erm:

Helping people also wastes my time LOL but it gives me a weird satisfaction. So why not? :u:

BASICALLY UNPRODUCTIVE ANY WAY.
Original post by undercxver
The chat forum used to waste my time. I don't there so often now. :erm:

Helping people also wastes my time LOL but it gives me a weird satisfaction. So why not? :u:

This is me right now, I do both. I hope in October I quit my TSR addiction.
I end up arguing with lefties on here at least once a day. No it is not productive
Original post by SuperHuman98
This is me right now, I do both. I hope in October I quit my TSR addiction.

You'll either use TSR to procrastinate or you'll be too busy to go on here. Let's hope it's the latter. :lol:
Reply 8
When have issues I make threads and tend to get helpful responses but other times I like reading threads and helping people but overall it is a waste of time me going on this website as I do find myself reading random threads just for the sake of it as well as entering competitions I know I'm not gonna win 😑
Not really.
if you use it in a proper way then it is :h:
top tips
dont make threads in the chat forum
dont post comments on unrelatable forums
make threads in a study help forum e.g. maths
keep an eye on unanswered study forum so you can post on there and help others as well as yourself
:yy:
It is very productive when I want it to be.
I been on and off this site for like 9 years on this account and tbh often on just to see what is going on.
Love to see a football manager type addiction rating and to see how many hours ive been on tsr.
Original post by NotNotBatman
It is very productive when I want it to be.

Exactly this.

If I need help with something whether its something to do with a subject/homework or just something to do with university applications, I'll post here and I consider that productive. Otherwise I'm just passing time.
no. i rarely get anything much of value from the site - apart from when I interact with a few people/learn something new/see an interesting point of view. most of the site repeats itself, and the characters and topics of convo tend to stay the same even if there are new users joining.

the proliferation of trolls and insecure people also gets old too - looks at all the uni ranking threads and this uni v that uni threads.

but I do like helping out where I can and do like aspects of the site overall.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
When i'm really bored I use tsr.
But I used to be very active during the exam season lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I only really use this for chat and the debate sections except for very rare circumstances so overall this is extremely unproductive for me.
Reply 17
I come here to be unproductive and waste time :colondollar:
back during my a-level days i hung around the maths help forum quite a bit, helping people with problems kinda helped to reinforce my knowledge, so i suppose that was actually pretty productive.

right now though i'm just browsing these forums cause i'm bored and have nothing to do and somehow remembered that this site existed :colonhash:
is it productive :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest