The Student Room Group

Tinder match..genuine & busy or winding me up?

Hi

7 months ago matched with someone who lives nearly 2 hours away from me. I find him very attractive and I like his personality. I'm mid 20s he is few years older but not 30. He messaged me first. He ticks a lot of boxes for me type of guy I like tall dark handsome. There is something about him I like and want to know... ****buddies or friends with benefits I'd be happy with. If he was interested in relationship I'd try. He isn't though. Wouldn't be possible considering things. We had planned to meet a few time but hasnt happened yet. I don't know if it will.

He can be extremely confusing and mean/distant?! and also he can be himself the guy I like chatting to and want to meet.

He isn't a catfish... I've been extremely naive I may have bought some toys and I like what I ordered. There may have been an outfit for him. I can only blame myself for being foolish. It's a loss for me financial I can accept that.

I asked him did he want to meet he said yes but he didn't know when. We rarely talk anymore and he doesn't view a message from me for hours and hours yet he can be online.

He isn't an easy person to talk to. I'm not wanting to talk to him 24/7 I'm busy he is busy.. but if he messaged me I'd reply. I'm not worth 20 seconds to him.

He isn't honest enough to just say I'm not interested anymore or I never was. If he blocked me I'd be fine with that at least I'd know where I stand...

Instead I'm left wanting and I'm being stubborn and I don't want to block him. I can't talk to anyone else about this 😂😂😂

I've done the not contacting him for days because I don't want to waste my time or annoy him.. very little contact happens now compared to back then. I tried and I've nothing left. I still want to meet him but

If he is in a relationship that's fine he just won't let me know.. I told him I didn't want to buy something that I was never going to wear for him. Wouldn't be fair on me.

So anyone who made it this far.. I'm naive for buying that and I regret it but I can't seem to lose interest in wanting to meet the guy... advice how to swallow my pride and move on?

I'm a fair person. If he was honest I'd just say OK bye. He confuses me though... I'm pathetic haha getting upset about a guy who I've never met 😂😂😂

I really should block him and move on but I'm weak and I'm not attracted to anyone else. I'm genuinely only interested in him he got under my skin. He is very dominant we both have very similar tastes.

You guys deserve pancakes if you read all of this
Reply 1
Zero replies ... how can I delete this it's embarrassing 😂
you've left it too long to not meet up so the initial 'spark' has faded. 7 months you've been talking and not met up? Yeeeeeeesh. Most of the time when i use tinder I'll meet up with a guy or a guy will organise a date after a couple of days (the longest it's taken is 2 weeks, and even by then I was worried he didn't like me). Be bold now and outright ask him to meet up or if not you might as well stop talking
meh.
I don't really know what to say, are you sure he's not a catfish?
Reply 5
Pancakes plz. :colone:
Reply 6
Be straight forward and offer him a hook up.

If he says yes tell him to **** off.

If he doesn't reply you have confirmation that he really doesn't give a ****. Forget about him.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
you've left it too long to not meet up so the initial 'spark' has faded. 7 months you've been talking and not met up? Yeeeeeeesh. Most of the time when i use tinder I'll meet up with a guy or a guy will organise a date after a couple of days (the longest it's taken is 2 weeks, and even by then I was worried he didn't like me). Be bold now and outright ask him to meet up or if not you might as well stop talking

I know but it was not by choice trust me. There was circumstances. I wanted to meet him ages and ages ago. I have been bold and I have asked... maybe I'm just a gullible fool and he is messing with my head. He did message me this evening though I replied and then he just ignored.. it's Friday night though

I appreciate your reply 😊
Reply 8
Original post by Desi_Scotsman
meh.

That's how I feel
Reply 9
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994

I'm certain he isn't. Haven't spoken on the phone. I wanted to but I'm sure he isn't a catfish. Why would one fake a LinkedIn profile...
I'm certain he isn't. Haven't spoken on the phone. I wanted to but I'm sure he isn't a catfish. Why would one fake a LinkedIn profile...

I dunno, you tell me.

You've been talking for 7 months. No phone calls no meet ups nothing. The only thing you have here is a LinkedIn profile. Ding dong ding dong that's the red flag bells ringing
Original post by stefano865
Be straight forward and offer him a hook up.

If he says yes tell him to **** off.

If he doesn't reply you have confirmation that he really doesn't give a ****. Forget about him.

I thought it was pretty obvious was the ridiculously long message all I want to do is meet up and **** him .. even if it's just a 1 night stand nothing else I will have it out of my system.

He is mature enough to be honest I don't know why he is that way.. it's very frustrating

I should just block him but it's hard
You've been talking for 7 months. No phone calls no meet ups nothing. The only thing you have here is a LinkedIn profile. Ding dong ding dong that's the red flag bells ringing

I have other social media aswell I just mentioned that because it's something for professionals. Why would he fake that if he was catfish? I know he is a real legit person. He might be bit of an Ass though...

His number snapchat WhatsApp viber.. I found his fb profile

I'm not happy about not talking on the phone for even 2 mins to say hi...
I have other social media aswell I just mentioned that because it's something for professionals. Why would he fake that if he was catfish? I know he is a real legit person. He might be bit of an Ass though...

His number snapchat WhatsApp viber.. I found his fb profile

I'm not happy about not talking on the phone for even 2 mins to say hi...

Message him now and ask him to meet up you have nothing to lose at this point
I messaged him but it wasn't asking to meet up. It was a polite **** you in so many words and goodbye
How can I delete this?!
Hi

7 months ago matched with someone who lives nearly 2 hours away from me. I find him very attractive and I like his personality. I'm mid 20s he is few years older but not 30. He messaged me first. He ticks a lot of boxes for me type of guy I like tall dark handsome. There is something about him I like and want to know... ****buddies or friends with benefits I'd be happy with. If he was interested in relationship I'd try. He isn't though. Wouldn't be possible considering things. We had planned to meet a few time but hasnt happened yet. I don't know if it will.

He can be extremely confusing and mean/distant?! and also he can be himself the guy I like chatting to and want to meet.

He isn't a catfish... I've been extremely naive I may have bought some toys and I like what I ordered. There may have been an outfit for him. I can only blame myself for being foolish. It's a loss for me financial I can accept that.

I asked him did he want to meet he said yes but he didn't know when. We rarely talk anymore and he doesn't view a message from me for hours and hours yet he can be online.

He isn't an easy person to talk to. I'm not wanting to talk to him 24/7 I'm busy he is busy.. but if he messaged me I'd reply. I'm not worth 20 seconds to him.

He isn't honest enough to just say I'm not interested anymore or I never was. If he blocked me I'd be fine with that at least I'd know where I stand...

Instead I'm left wanting and I'm being stubborn and I don't want to block him. I can't talk to anyone else about this 😂😂😂

I've done the not contacting him for days because I don't want to waste my time or annoy him.. very little contact happens now compared to back then. I tried and I've nothing left. I still want to meet him but

If he is in a relationship that's fine he just won't let me know.. I told him I didn't want to buy something that I was never going to wear for him. Wouldn't be fair on me.

So anyone who made it this far.. I'm naive for buying that and I regret it but I can't seem to lose interest in wanting to meet the guy... advice how to swallow my pride and move on?

I'm a fair person. If he was honest I'd just say OK bye. He confuses me though... I'm pathetic haha getting upset about a guy who I've never met 😂😂😂

I really should block him and move on but I'm weak and I'm not attracted to anyone else. I'm genuinely only interested in him he got under my skin. He is very dominant we both have very similar tastes.

I've been in this position before except we lived streets apart. I am also in my 20s and he is also a few years older but not 30. when we first matched he had recently become single. Half a year passed messaging via whatsapp without speaking on the phone/face time/meeting (we did have each other on FB,linkedin,Instagram). I would say we were each others confidante with minimal emotional investment. After a while I stopped replying to him, after 1 year I bumped into him twice on diff occasions at the local farmers market and it was very awkward. Even though we didn't talk anymore, my curiosity in him wouldn't subside and to help me move on I thought I needed to meet him. So I did ask him out for coffee and much to my surprise he accepted. 1 year 10 months later we still talk albeit via whatsapp, so in essence I would recommend if you know what you need to do to help you move on, do it or else you'll be forever wondering. Also at this stage combined with the length of time you've known each other and guys of this age should have the respect to give you the answers you want/not mess you around.
Hi

You don't have his number and you've not met him after 7 months. He probably gored bored and is screwing other women.

Message him now and explicitly invite him out tonight and also get his damned number.

Original post by Nirvana1989-1994

He's been hooked along on what is probably just a sex app for him for 7 months. Frankly, i'd have wrote her off in less than a month.
Original post by Rakas21

He's been hooked along on what is probably just a sex app for him for 7 months. Frankly, i'd have wrote her off in less than a month.

I always thought they were being catfished.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending