The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

Accomodation help

I've just had my place at Huddersfield confirmed, so now I'm looking at accomodation. I looked at the university approved accomodation and the only rooms left at them are standard rooms which I don't like the look of, also, theyre far away from the university.

I've looked at other accomodation, such as Aspley house and Snow Island, but I've heard reviews saying that not many first years stay here and I would like to be with them so i can make friends.

Does anyone have any suggestions that could point me towards an accomodation that has a spacious room, but also in a place where there are plenty of first years?
Original post by cgill1440
I've just had my place at Huddersfield confirmed, so now I'm looking at accomodation. I looked at the university approved accomodation and the only rooms left at them are standard rooms which I don't like the look of, also, theyre far away from the university.

I've looked at other accomodation, such as Aspley house and Snow Island, but I've heard reviews saying that not many first years stay here and I would like to be with them so i can make friends.

Does anyone have any suggestions that could point me towards an accomodation that has a spacious room, but also in a place where there are plenty of first years?

Hi CGill,

Aspley House is one of our so hopefully we can help!

We do have a mixture of academic years who live with us. However, when going through the booking process, you can see who else is in the flats when choosing your room (just gender, academic course, and academic year details only).

We will always try and keep academic years together as they want different things when it comes to accommodation. For 2016/2017, roughly 40% of Aspley House will be first year students :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi! CGill!

I currently have a room in Snow Island that I need to find a replacement for. And I'm gonna be loving with a few people that are doing their first years. It's literally across the road from Uni and is a great place en-suite and I know that a lot of first years do go there. If you're interested please PM me.
Reply 3
Hi,
I have a Double Single Occupancy room with ensuite (largest rooms) at Strothes Park which is the biggest and most popular accommodation available with the deposit paid etc. Are you still looking?
Can u guys tell me the price for week for storthes and snow island I can pick one from you guys
Original post by Alaiizaa
Hi! CGill!

I currently have a room in Snow Island that I need to find a replacement for. And I'm gonna be loving with a few people that are doing their first years. It's literally across the road from Uni and is a great place en-suite and I know that a lot of first years do go there. If you're interested please PM me.

What's the price per week and have u paid for a year? I mean 44weeks or 51 weeks? Is it single or sharing room please do get back I'm interested
Reply 6
Original post by samuelreddy
What's the price per week and have u paid for a year? I mean 44weeks or 51 weeks? Is it single or sharing room please do get back I'm interested

Hi,

Its 44weeks and its a single room I'vepaid for the deposit so you don't have to worry about it. Please do get back to me :smile:
I have a single ensuite room at storthes that I need somebody to replace me for!! Let me know if you're interested and I can give you details
Hi, I have a standard plus room in Storthes Hall that I no longer need, it is £95 per week for 44 weeks. If you're interested, please let me know.
Thanks,
Robyn
I have a spare room at ashenhurst and everyone is first years there . £85 per week, 10 minute walk from university

Posted from TSR Mobile
If your Still looking I've a room at Saw Mill looking to get rid of. Premium room with 9 other flat mates. Mixture of years. Very out going bunch. 10 min walk from Uni. First rent already paid for.
Reply 11
Hello, if you are still looking, I live in the Palace Studios, I pay 510 pcm, and I need to find someone to replace me there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending