The Student Room Group

What's your university timetable like?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by fefssdf
i haven't even got my timetable yet but I'm scared cause I'm going maths so the contact hours are probably gonna be kinda extreme ifs

Maths contact hours aren't that bad from what I've heard, isn't it more independent learning considering it's maths?
Reply 41
Original post by Nadiiiaax
My timetable is so weird. At times there are 3-4 tutorials all at once, or a mix of lectures and tutorials at once. Can someone explain to me why this is??? Is it because they still haven't finished organising my timetable or something?

I'm not sure how I can help you as everyone gets timetables based on their course and university. Try emailing the timetabling department for your university?
Reply 42
Original post by scrawlx101
Mon,tues,weds,thurs

No nine ams for first semster

You lucky lucky person! What do you study?
Reply 43
Original post by Airmed
I study Politics. This semester I have a two hour exam, two 3000 word essays and a 4000 word essay.

Oh okay, I'm not sure about assignment wise what I'm doing as I do a Computing course and it varies. I have two exams in January (one exam is 3 hours long, the other is two). I also have one class test and a practical.

I'm looking more forward to semesters two as that'll be easier, ah well.. I still have just over 2 weeks to start so it's not too bad.
Original post by Ishax
You lucky lucky person! What do you study?

Eng lit and u?
Original post by Ishax
I have : 09:00ams, I finish at 18:00 on a Monday and Friday. I think that warrants me to have a bad timetable.

Wow that sucks do you have any breaks in the 9 to 18:00s?
Reply 46
Original post by scrawlx101
Eng lit and u?

Computing
Reply 47
Original post by madmadmax321
Wow that sucks do you have any breaks in the 9 to 18:00s?

Monday: 09:00-11:00(seminar), 14:00-16:00(tutorial), 17:00-18:00(lecture).
Tuesday: 09:00-11:00(tutorial), 12:00-14:00(tutorial).
Wednesday: 09:00-11:00(tutorial).
Thursday: Day off
Friday: 11:00-13:00(lecture), 13:00-14:00(tutorial), 16:00-18:00(lecture).
Original post by Ishax
Maths contact hours aren't that bad from what I've heard, isn't it more independent learning considering it's maths?

I'm not sure really but there's gonna be lectures then ' problem classes ' so gonna be long
Original post by Ishax
You should have had your timetable by now but then again it depends on when you start. Freshers start on 26th this year. I start on the 3rd! :smile:

Yeah I did get it LOL I posted what sort of timetable it is roughly :tongue: How does yours look like?? :redface:
Reply 50
Original post by FemaleBo55
Yeah I did get it LOL I posted what sort of timetable it is roughly :tongue: How does yours look like?? :redface:

(edited 7 years ago)
Monday: 12-1 lecture
Tuesday: 9-10:30 seminar, 12-1 lecture
Wednesday: 10-12 seminar
Thursday: 9-10 seminar, 11-1 lecture.

Fourth year English Lit/English Language. So my timetable is fairly lax, but most of the learning is done independently for my subject.

My second semester is even better as I'm just in for 1 hour on Tuesdays and Thursdays :coma: Mostly as much of my 'spare' time will be spent on my dissertation.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 52
Original post by Precious Illusions
Monday: 12-1 lecture
Tuesday: 9-10:30 seminar, 12-1 lecture
Wednesday: 10-12 seminar
Thursday: 9-10 seminar, 11-1 lecture.

Fourth year English Lit/English Language. So my timetable is fairly lax, but most of the learning is done independently for my subject.

My second semester is even better as I'm just in for 1 hour on Tuesdays and Thursdays :coma: Mostly as much of my 'spare' time will be spent on my dissertation.

You have a really nice timetable! My second semester timetable is a little better.. I'm in second year :smile:
Original post by Ishax

Mine for the week commencing 3rd October:
Monday: 14:00-14:30 (lecture), 17-18:30 (lecture)
Tuesday: 11-12:00 (lecture), 14-15:00 (practical)
Wednesday and Friday are off
Thursday: 14-15:00 (practical)
My son, who has just started the second year of a HND at local college is in Monday and Tuesday only, 9 -6. Last year he was the same but also had Wednesday 9-11. But for his course [Health and Social Care] ,because it's BTEC he also has to do 200 hours work placement experience for each year of the course. But the placements don't start until Nov. Personally I think it's a bit of a rip off, but being in Northern Ireland the fees are only £2,500 a year for the HND, and if he goes to uni here to top up his degree the fees are only £3,745 [I think] a year. If the fees were 9 grand i'd be livid !!
Original post by Ishax
I've come to believe I have the worse timetable possible..

BSc Computing - second year:
Monday: 09:00-18:00.
Tuesday: 09:00-14:00.
Wednesday: 09:00-11:00
Thursday: day off
Friday: 09:00-18:00

😭😭😭😭😭😭

You have 16 hours a week and are complaining? You have a day off too. Hope you're joking
Reply 56
Original post by Ishax
Oh okay, I'm not sure about assignment wise what I'm doing as I do a Computing course and it varies. I have two exams in January (one exam is 3 hours long, the other is two). I also have one class test and a practical.

I'm looking more forward to semesters two as that'll be easier, ah well.. I still have just over 2 weeks to start so it's not too bad.

I can't wait for semester 2. I get to do my favourite module. :moon:

Original post by markova21
My son, who has just started the second year of a HND at local college is in Monday and Tuesday only, 9 -6. Last year he was the same but also had Wednesday 9-11. But for his course [Health and Social Care] ,because it's BTEC he also has to do 200 hours work placement experience for each year of the course. But the placements don't start until Nov. Personally I think it's a bit of a rip off, but being in Northern Ireland the fees are only £2,500 a year for the HND, and if he goes to uni here to top up his degree the fees are only £3,745 [I think] a year. If the fees were 9 grand i'd be livid !!

The fees are slowly increasing in N.I. I don't think they will be able to hold out much longer.

That is insane for the HND though! I know someone back home in N.I whose the same for an Engineering course at the local tech.
Original post by Airmed
I can't wait for semester 2. I get to do my favourite module. :moon:

The fees are slowly increasing in N.I. I don't think they will be able to hold out much longer.

That is insane for the HND though! I know someone back home in N.I whose the same for an Engineering course at the local tech.

I think it was two years ago the fees here for the HND were £1,400 a year. They are now double. Oh, and get this. BTEC have not included enough modules on the course. Normally the HNC is equivalent to the first year of an Honours degree and the HND equivalent to the first two years. But no; the full two year HND is only equivalent to the first year of a degree. Lots of people on my son's course when they found out [as they were not informed beforehand], were furious, and have left after the first year and have gone on to a nursing degree. The college, Southern Regional College, have been forced to scrap BTEC and from this year for new first years they are doing a Foundation Degree instead. It's the same price but IS equal to two years of an Honours degree. People in my son's class were asking why they cannot change over to the Found.degree for their second year but apparently it will be quite different so will be impossible to do. So my son's year have really been given the thin end of the wedge. But the college had to do something and quick as they lost so many students.
Reply 58
Original post by langlitz
You have 16 hours a week and are complaining? You have a day off too. Hope you're joking

I also have 3 9:00ams, finish at 18:00 on Monday and Friday.
9.5 hours per week and lectures/seminars every day. Some weeks I have more, though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest