The Student Room Group

Can any muslims help me?

As a muslim we're supposed to be charitable (which I am) but at the same time I waste so much money which goes against the teachings.
It's mainly on lots of make up and a ridiculous amount of health care and facial products (you can tell I'm insecure).
How do I stop this?
I wear makeup but I do stop my self from purchasing every make up item I see. Just remind yourself that you could rather spend your money on food, or something more useful. By buying tons of make up, not like you will be using every product. Think a lot before you buy anything. Or stop yourself from being near makeup aisles in stores for some time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Zeeiqbal
I wear makeup but I do stop my self from purchasing every make up item I see. Just remind yourself that you could rather spend your money on food, or something more useful. By buying tons of make up, not like you will be using every product. Think a lot before you buy anything. Or stop yourself from being near makeup aisles in stores for some time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have so many makeup sites open so I waste my money online more :frown:
I think you would have more help if you asked all people, not just muslims. Everyone buys **** they don't need.
Original post by Anonymous
As a muslim we're supposed to be charitable (which I am) but at the same time I waste so much money which goes against the teachings.
It's mainly on lots of make up and a ridiculous amount of health care and facial products (you can tell I'm insecure).
How do I stop this?

I give my money to my mum and I tell her unless I need it for a serious issue don't tell me where the money is. I spend a lot of my money on food :biggrin:
give money to cancer research :smile:
you wont need facial products .etc. if you wear a burka, problem solved
Original post by Anonymous
How do I stop this?

1) give a small amount to charity ever month which will make up for your wasted money
2) limit what you buy. Tell yourself mentally you don't need it
3) everything you waste or don't use send it abroad to cargo via a charity. Make sure it's not obviously used a lot of ruined.
Reply 8
Take out cash every week and leave the plastic at home, when you physically see the money going you think about your spending a lot more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending