The Student Room Group

What's your university timetable like?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ishax
Monday: 09:00-11:00(seminar), 14:00-16:00(tutorial), 17:00-18:00(lecture).
Tuesday: 09:00-11:00(tutorial), 12:00-14:00(tutorial).
Wednesday: 09:00-11:00(tutorial).
Thursday: Day off
Friday: 11:00-13:00(lecture), 13:00-14:00(tutorial), 16:00-18:00(lecture).

It's not actually that bad then 😂 that's a nice timetable
Original post by Ishax
I also have 3 9:00ams, finish at 18:00 on Monday and Friday.

bitches.png
BSc Applied Psychology - 2nd year.

Mon - OFF (part time job 9-5)
Tue - 9-11 (part time job 2-5)
Wed - 9-11 (part time job 2-5)
Thur - 9-11 and 11-1
Fri - 9-11 and 11-1(part time job 2-5)

It's gonna be a very organised year for me haha!
Reply 63
Original post by madmadmax321
It's not actually that bad then 😂 that's a nice timetable

I said it's bad, but not that bad. I'm just not liking the 3 9ams, I finish a5 18:00 on Monday and Friday.
Reply 64
Original post by langlitz
bitches.png

I didn't realise this would turn into a competition 😂 what do you study?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ishax
I didn't realise this would turn into a competition 😂 what do you study?

Haha well you came on here complaining about your frankly easy timetable with 16 hours a week...

I study Chemical Physics, this was my second year timetable
Reply 66
Haha well you came on here complaining about your frankly easy timetable with 16 hours a week...

I study Chemical Physics, this was my second year timetable

I'm only complaining about the 09:00ams and the fact I finish at uni 18:00 on Monday and Friday will be difficult. Ah well, it's only until December I guess. I'm not looking forward to early cold mornings.

Oh okay, I'm going into second year aswell
I'm jealous of your timetables, guys.
I love studying but only have about 4 hours a day.:redface:
Original post by Ishax
I'm only complaining about the 09:00ams and the fact I finish at uni 18:00 on Monday and Friday will be difficult. Ah well, it's only until December I guess. I'm not looking forward to early cold mornings.

Oh okay, I'm going into second year aswell

Yeah 9 am's suck. I've had 5 a week every year :redface: For some reason Physics lectures are always 9 am haha
Reply 69
Yeah 9 am's suck. I've had 5 a week every year :redface: For some reason Physics lectures are always 9 am haha

I think they're probably to eager! When do you start? :smile:
Original post by Ishax
I think they're probably to eager! When do you start? :smile:

We start back on Monday :smile: You?
Reply 71
We start back on Monday :smile: You?

3rd October :smile:
Yeah it's not bad at all, I do law so it's mainly self study but the lectures are around 9/10 hours a week. I have no 9 am starts for first term and most of them are 10am starts so i guess I'm grateful for that, although I have no days off in first term like last year, with Wednesday (sports socials day) having a 2 hour seminar. Overall it's good, but the second semester timetable looks a lot better and I will be studying the more interesting modules in that one
Reply 73
Original post by fefssdf
i haven't even got my timetable yet but I'm scared cause I'm going maths so the contact hours are probably gonna be kinda extreme ifs

I feel you. I looked at the previous year timetable for my uni and there was 20hr contact time (including lectures, problem classes and tutorials) (=_=).
Reply 74
On average I've got 20 hours of seminars, lectures and problem classes a week first semester, maybe more if my clashes get in-clashed. I quite like it other than my 3 and 4 hour lectures.
(edited 7 years ago)
Ayy, finally found how to access it:

Mon:
2-3pm (lecture), 5-6pm (lecture)

Tue:
9-10am (lecture), 10am-12pm (lab), 12-1pm (lecture), 2-3pm (lecture), 3-4pm (lecture)

Wed:
Off

Thurs:
1-2pm (lecture), 2-3pm (lecture), 3-5pm (lab)

Fri:
12-1pm (problem class), 2-3pm (lecture), 3-4pm (seminar), 4-6pm (lab)

So ~17 hours + 1 hour yet to be scheduled tutorial = 18 hrs contact time.

This is for Computer Science, going into first year.

Pretty happy about the lack of 9ams (only 1 yaaas), but there are barely any breaks in between :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 76
Original post by markova21
I think it was two years ago the fees here for the HND were £1,400 a year. They are now double. Oh, and get this. BTEC have not included enough modules on the course. Normally the HNC is equivalent to the first year of an Honours degree and the HND equivalent to the first two years. But no; the full two year HND is only equivalent to the first year of a degree. Lots of people on my son's course when they found out [as they were not informed beforehand], were furious, and have left after the first year and have gone on to a nursing degree. The college, Southern Regional College, have been forced to scrap BTEC and from this year for new first years they are doing a Foundation Degree instead. It's the same price but IS equal to two years of an Honours degree. People in my son's class were asking why they cannot change over to the Found.degree for their second year but apparently it will be quite different so will be impossible to do. So my son's year have really been given the thin end of the wedge. But the college had to do something and quick as they lost so many students.

:eek:

I wonder if something similar has happened at the North West Regional College. Sounds like something that would happen there, since it's terrible.
Reply 77
Original post by AshEntropy

Wtf.. That's insane

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 79
Original post by Princepieman
Ayy, finally found how to access it:

Mon:
2-3pm (lecture), 5-6pm (lecture)

Tue:
9-10am (lecture), 10am-12pm (lab), 12-1pm (lecture), 2-3pm (lecture), 3-4pm (lecture)

Wed:
Off

Thurs:
1-2pm (lecture), 2-3pm (lecture), 3-5pm (lab)

Fri:
12-1pm (problem class), 2-3pm (lecture), 3-4pm (seminar), 4-6pm (lab)

So ~17 hours + 1 hour yet to be scheduled tutorial = 18 hrs contact time.

This is for Computer Science, going into first year.

Pretty happy about the lack of 9ams (only 1 yaaas), but there are barely any breaks in between :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's good, I have 3 :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest