The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Undergraduate student commuting by a car

Hello I would like to commute by my car to the Uni but I am struggling with where to park my car there. Although there are car parks near uni I cannot buy parking permit unless I am Uni staff or postgraduate student, which I am not :biggrin: . Is anyone getting to the Uni by car as well? Thank you
Original post by Danci
Hello I would like to commute by my car to the Uni but I am struggling with where to park my car there. Although there are car parks near uni I cannot buy parking permit unless I am Uni staff or postgraduate student, which I am not :biggrin: . Is anyone getting to the Uni by car as well? Thank you

Loads commute by car, there are several places around the uni that are 3 hours free. Alternatively there are loads of NPC car parks that cost around £5 for the day. The Aquatics center is basically on the main campus and spaces are always available no matter what time you arrive.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by Deeko1987
Loads commute by car, there are several places around the uni that are 3 hours free. Alternatively there are loads of NPC car parks that cost around £5 for the day. The Aquatics center is basically on the main campus and spaces are always available no matter what time you arrive.

Can u please tell me where that 3 hours free car parks are located ? Thank you
You'd have to be mad, given the prices and availability of parking, plus the cost of petrol, VED, insurance, MOT etc.

Why not just get the train in and then the bus down? If you come into Piccadilly or Oxford Rd, there's the 147 bus, which is free for most of its route if you're a student.
Original post by Danci

Hi,

We have multiple car parks around the university. Here's a website with more details: http://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/open-days-visits/open-days/travel/parking/

Although the article says it's Open Day parking, the car parks listed are available for use all year round.

Hope this helps!

Best wishes,
Sophie

Quick Reply