The Student Room Group

What's your ideal weather forecast?

OK, so the title is a bit odd but bear with me on this.

After the unacceptable (:hand:) performance from the weather last week, I think it's safe to say that autumn is now finally approaching (after looking at the weather forecast this morning!), which means cooler days and falling leaves, hot tea and coffee, warm houses and fluffy jumpers. :love:

Imagine you've just woken up and you're checking the weather forecast… what is the thing you'd like to be greeted with most?

Something like this?

Spoiler

Or… something like this?

Spoiler

For me, it'd be the second one… I love cold weather and absolutely adore winter. :love:

Let me know what you think :beard:

Spoiler

Scroll to see replies

It's raining doughnuts
Original post by FightToWin
It's raining doughnuts

What type of doughnut? :hmmm: Must know more! :fuhrer:
(edited 7 years ago)
The second one 100% without a doubt! I can't stand summer, and I can't stand heat. I love grey skies and cold weather! Bring on winter!
Original post by chelseadagg3r
The second one 100% without a doubt! I can't stand summer, and I can't stand heat. I love grey skies and cold weather! Bring on winter!

Omg! I'm exactly the same. I can't stand summer, especially when I have to traipse all the way to work and back. :yucky: No thanks. :hand:

Winter… on the other hand? :love: All cosy, plus I love the cold weather. :daydreaming: Everything looks prettier too:

Original post by iEthan
What type of doughnut? :hmmm: Must know more! :fuhrer:

It varies each time it rains. Some days it'll be iced ring, some day's it'll be jam, some days it'll be mini doughtnuts, on a good day it'll be those Cadbury's chocolate doughnuts with chocolate in the middle.

No custard doughtnuts though!!!! :puke:
Original post by FightToWin
It varies each time it rains. Some days it'll be iced ring, some day's it'll be jam, some days it'll be mini doughtnuts, on a good day it'll be those Cadbury's chocolate doughnuts with chocolate in the middle.

No custard doughtnuts though!!!! :puke:

:daydreaming: this sounds almost as good as winter! :tongue:
Original post by iEthan
Omg! I'm exactly the same. I can't stand summer, especially when I have to traipse all the way to work and back. :yucky: No thanks. :hand:

Winter… on the other hand? :love: All cosy, plus I love the cold weather. :daydreaming: Everything looks prettier too:

Yes! We get a decent amount of rain as well, which means the river goes up and the waterfalls look so pretty. Plus, because it's cold, there's no one else there so I get to enjoy it without being surrounded by kids running around in the water :biggrin:
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Yes! We get a decent amount of rain as well, which means the river goes up and the waterfalls look so pretty. Plus, because it's cold, there's no one else there so I get to enjoy it without being surrounded by kids running around in the water :biggrin:

Ahhh that sounds idyllic. :daydreaming:
Can I have in between weather? :colone:
Reply 10
Rainy with a chance of meatballs
Original post by Slowbro93
Can I have in between weather? :colone:

Must be more specific! :fuhrer: Rain? Sunny? Or are you one of those people that deals with all weather just as well (:hand:)? :erm:

Original post by UWS
Rainy with a chance of meatballs

Interesting twist.
Taking this question seriously, on an everyday basis, sunny with a breeze. :h:

Spoiler

Original post by ||TheUnknown||
Taking this question seriously, on an everyday basis, sunny with a breeze. :h:

Spoiler

A nice cool breeze in summer is a gift. A gift! :yes:

Spoiler

I knew I could count on you. :moon:
If I lived near the beach then sunny weather.

I like the rain :redface: (Not when my hair and makeup gets ruined:angry:)
Original post by iEthan
Must be more specific! :fuhrer: Rain? Sunny? Or are you one of those people that deals with all weather just as well (:hand:)? :erm:

Interesting twist.

Given my research topic, I have to deal with all weather well :tongue: however, no rain and clear skies on an autumn day is the best for me :tongue:
Original post by Slowbro93
Given my research topic, I have to deal with all weather well :tongue: however, no rain and clear skies on an autumn day is the best for me :tongue:

:daydreaming: that's more like it.
20c with a bit of a breeze
Bitingly cold, but a really clear sky. :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest