The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Barclays video interview:
Since EVERYONE is asking. I'm happy to give some information about it. I ain't nothing but a team playaaaaa. Don't ask for any further information this is all you are getting. 2 parts:
Part 1: Carries on from Business insight 1, essentially numerical questions, verbal, situational questions etc. No Video.
Part 2: They ask you questions (3 I believe) in which you have to respond with video. You will have 1/2 minute to prepare the answer then you give your response. Really random questions about 'What would you do in this situation' kind of stuff.

This is more of an advantage then most of us who took it first time had, so you best get through to the next round and avenge me and my fallen Business insight 2 bros in the AC.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ay42
Fair enough. Then why are you running around giving everyone advice on this thread? Aren't you in competition with them too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope.

And even if I were, I'm still obligated to help. *
Original post by DaFrenchy
I also had to to do the same. Do you know if it's a good sign ?

I was notified yesterday that I passed BoAML SJT test.

I don't know if it's a god sign or not.

What was the BoAML SJT like??
Original post by alexjones1994
Since EVERYONE is asking. I'm happy to give some information about it. I ain't nothing but a team playaaaaa. Don't ask for any further information this is all you are getting. 2 parts:
Part 1: Carries on from Business insight 1, essentially numerical questions, verbal, situational questions etc. No Video.
Part 2: They ask you questions (3 I believe) in which you have to respond with video. You will have 1/2 minute to prepare the answer then you give your response. Really random questions about 'What would you do in this situation' kind of stuff.

This is more of an advantage them most of us who took it first time had, so you best get through to the next round and avenge me and my fallen Business insight 2 bros in the AC.

When do you reckon theyll get back to us after you do business insight 2?
Original post by jayjay531
When do you reckon theyll get back to us after you do business insight 2?

Not a clue. I completely ****ed it. So i'm not really looking for a reply lol
Did Citi email asking anyone for 'Their Secondary School Information' again - I swear I put it in??? They are making a royal **** up this year of applications.
Blimey that Citi online assessment was pretty intense.
Original post by DaFrenchy
I also had to to do the same. Do you know if it's a good sign ?

I was notified yesterday that I passed BoAML SJT test.

When did you do the test?
Original post by Deltasierra27
Have you received an interview invite for GS then?

Yeah I have it today and I asked someone I know at GS for advice and he said that they review them after so I have no idea wether it's an algo or a person.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by olly_price
Blimey that Citi online assessment was pretty intense.

The numerical??
Do people actually finish that Nomura logical in 12 minutes? Got rekt. Did 19/24 questions and guessed the last 5 fml.
Did Citi email asking anyone for 'Their Secondary School Information' again - I swear I put it in??? They are making a royal **** up this year of applications.

I got that as well
Reply 2452

This is more of an advantage them most of us who took it first time had, so you best get through to the next round and avenge me and my fallen Business insight 2 bros in the AC.

Thanks breh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2453
Does anyone know how the BAML summer internship in markets sales and trading works? Is it two rotations that are 4 weeks each? How are the rotations decided? Are they both decided by HR (with your preferences) prior to the internship?

Yes, they sent it to a lot of people. Looks like they somehow managed to lose everyone's information.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Commercial Paper
I'm sure it is but people here have taken three hours on it and still got through so I genuinely don't think it matters...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Been lurking thought I'd jump in to help out..

It definitely isn't timed. I went AFK for a while, took a shower and did some stuff etc...

Finished it and got second round about 5 mins after finishing
Reply 2456

I did. A couple of friends did too. Not sure if they asked for secondary education when filling out the form in the first instance

Posted from TSR Mobile
Would it look weak/indecisive if you apply for more than 1 division at a bank, assuming they let you?
Reply 2458
Original post by zzFishstick
Would it look weak/indecisive if you apply for more than 1 division at a bank, assuming they let you?

Yes.. It depends on the divisions entirely but if you apply for IBD and S&T it would suggest that you don't really know what you want to do. I would definitely advise against it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2459
Original post by ay42
Fair enough. Then why are you running around giving everyone advice on this thread? Aren't you in competition with them too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol this AY guy is full of BS, Citi ACs haven't been given out because first rounds are still under way... smh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending