The Student Room Group

Cineworld job interview questions

Cineworld have given me an interview.
On TSR most state that cineworld prefer to do 2hr long group interviews. However, the interview slot that I was given is 30 minutes long?.
Would that mean I will be having a 1 on 1 interview, I just want to avoid surprises .

Also thanks TSR peeps for the advise you post. It helps alot of people including myse
Original post by HellaConfused
Cineworld have given me an interview.
On TSR most state that cineworld prefer to do 2hr long group interviews. However, the interview slot that I was given is 30 minutes long?.
Would that mean I will be having a 1 on 1 interview, I just want to avoid surprises .

Also thanks TSR peeps for the advise you post. It helps alot of people including myse

It sounds like a 1:1 interview at 30 minutes, yeah. They'll ask you about your availability and past experience, as usual. They do also tend to ask more situational questions, and questions based on your experience, though these can't really be predicted. Ones I've heard before from Cineworld interviews have been 'describe one time in which you had to do more than was expected for a customer', 'how would you market or promote the Unlimited card?', and 'a woman asks if her party can be seated by the aisle as one of them has broken their leg and can't get into the middle of the screen. What do you do?'. They'll also ask you about things like your favourite films, what you last saw in the cinema etc. The 1:1 interviews are a bit different to group interviews, as in the group ones they ask you to do small presentations and you have to complete activities in teams.
Original post by chelseadagg3r
It sounds like a 1:1 interview at 30 minutes, yeah. They'll ask you about your availability and past experience, as usual. They do also tend to ask more situational questions, and questions based on your experience, though these can't really be predicted. Ones I've heard before from Cineworld interviews have been 'describe one time in which you had to do more than was expected for a customer', 'how would you market or promote the Unlimited card?', and 'a woman asks if her party can be seated by the aisle as one of them has broken their leg and can't get into the middle of the screen. What do you do?'. They'll also ask you about things like your favourite films, what you last saw in the cinema etc. The 1:1 interviews are a bit different to group interviews, as in the group ones they ask you to do small presentations and you have to complete activities in teams.

Quick question, the party situation, I guess you wouldn't be able to move them if its a sell out.
I would say ask those who are currently sitting by the aisle to swap, but then one could say that would be poor customer service as you're guilt tripping them.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by HellaConfused

Quick question, the party situation, I guess you wouldn't be able to move them if its a sell out.
I would say ask those who are currently sitting by the aisle to swap, but then one could say that would be poor customer service as you're guilt tripping them.

Someone, who got the job, said that they'd offer to reserve seats for them, and would advise them of the accessible seats at the front specifically for those who are unable to sit elsewhere

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending