The Student Room Group

Chinese airline warns passengers about London areas populated by Pakistanis & blacks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by slaven
Well in non-western political slang Anglo-Saxons are refered to english nations like UK, Usa, Canada. Since they are all the same to us we call them Anglo-Saxons. It is the same term like Slavs for Russians, Poles etc.

It's a bit of a misleading term really since the UK is a mixture of Anglo-Saxon and Celtic to varying degrees depending on where you go. For example the Scottish and Irish heritage that the Americans go mad over is Celtic rather than Anglo-Saxon. :smile:

If you called most Brits Germanic they'd probably tell you to **** off(because of the two world wars) even though it's true, we are partially.
Well, maybe it wasn't phrased very well but the point they were making is true. If you are a tourist going to London, you should avoid poorer areas with higher crime levels and those are often inhabited in majority by ethnic minorities.
So first of all, while I understand that if I go to China and want to see Chinese people, I'd be a bit bummed spending all that travel money and land in a place in China with no Chinese people. And that it would ruin my whole trip since I came to China for solely nothing else.

The trouble here is: who would spend all that money traveling just to see a race?

People say they come to see Buckingham Palace, London Eye, etc

You can still enjoy those sites with few white people. Even though if you go to those places, you will definitely see white people. So what is the issue?

Also why weren't they advised about chavvy areas with nothing but white people? Are they the type of people who don't care how low whites are, they're just desperate to see white people at all?

At the end of the day it was racist. Why mention colour at all? Just tell them places to avoid, not people.

Because they might warn them about areas with "minorities" which might actually be calm places, and not warn them about areas with white people that are pits. Then what happens to their precious passengers? Less people making the flight back home to Beijing is what happens, since they wanna scare monger. I'm not butt hurt at all, it's China after all. But the logic of the apologists is what's hilariously mind boggling.

I will say it's great that Asians, Arabs, nonblack minorities have been made aware that they're no better than blacks though, from the global perspective :h:
Original post by jake4198
Air China didn't advice its passengers to avoid black or other ethnic minorities.

Air China did advice its passengers to avoid neighbourhoods with a significant minority population.

The former is racist, the latter is not. The left's hysteria never ceases to amaze.

You, sir, are a ball faced liar. And anyone who likes your post is deliberately deluded.

It says RIGHT THERE

black, Pakistani. What does it give you to clearly lie????
Original post by jake4198
Air China didn't advice its passengers to avoid black or other ethnic minorities.

Air China did advice its passengers to avoid neighbourhoods with a significant minority population.

The former is racist, the latter is not. The left's hysteria never ceases to amaze.

You, sir, are a ball faced liar. And anyone who likes your post is deliberately deluded.

It says RIGHT THERE in the article of the image taken of the airlines leaflet

"avoid black, Pakistani, Indian." What does it give you to clearly lie????
Original post by homeland.lsw
Honestly though, Air China? I feel like it caters to more traditional chinese people, who may have never seen an Indian person or Black person before. Maybe on Cathay it's different?

And to be honest it's advice given by the airline- similarly on gov.uk//foreign-travel-advice, the Foreign and Commonwealth Offices gives advice on which areas of a country to avoid for whatever reason.

Perhaps Air China meant a similar thing, avoid areas with high crime rate, but unfortunately it got lost in translation :s-smilie:

What do you mean "perhaps it got lost in translation"? It clearly states to avoid people just because of their colour. Are you flirting with but too timid to commit to the self empowerment one might feel to be a racist?

I will say in my 1st post here that I said the passengers who stray into a bad area full of white chavs ironically won't make it back to Beijing. I was being sarcastic though, yet the article mentioned Air China takes people only to Beijing and London and back. So yes maybe the people on Air China are upper classed ***** who would appreciate such a racial "warning."

But it's still racial and not wrong though. Many black and Asian areas are bad; they're locked into poverty which makes people angry and so you get violence and crime. However it's hilarious that they think only areas with British minorities have this nature to them!
Original post by The_Opinion
The former is not even racist.

Lol Oh now you're just getting lost in all the fun aren't you?
Clearly it's racist. Why mention race? It's racist alone for doing that.

But then they added the "females walk with someone at night."

How is that not racist? You know it is, you are deliberately denying it for the cyber banter aren't you. :rolleyes:
What's gonna happen if the random Chinese tourist does walk alone at night?
The big scary black fella is gonna drag her into a skip somewhere and have his way with her?
Does that even happen between two Brits regularly?! :rolleyes:
How disgusting to perpetuate something like that and teach ignorance.
Reply 367
Original post by zainyyyyy
being an englishman means you are from england.... If you are physically born in England then you are a british citizen, you are english. Im afraid you are just infact retarded

If you go to India, and have a child with a non-Indian lady, your child would not be considered Indian. And rightfully so. This used to be the same in the UK (still is really), it's only social engineering and brainwashing that makes you think otherwise. You cannot suddenly become part of an ethnic group because you happened to be born on the same land, if this were true all Americans would be Navajo and Muscogee Indians.
Reply 368
Original post by BirdIsWord
>meme arrows on tsr

Listening to rap music means you cant be racist? the ****

you're ugly and kinda dumb so please don't respond to my posts again
Original post by EstSince1992
What do you mean "perhaps it got lost in translation"? It clearly states to avoid people just because of their colour.

Where did you learn how to read?
Original post by Mathemagicien
I think its more useful to look at statistics, than individual cases that are reported by the press completely at random, no matter how "SHOCKING" they are.

So very true.

Oh look, the stats back up what we hear in the news. And confirms the validity of China's Air advice to its customers. Fancy that.

http://data.london.gov.uk/dataset/ethnic-groups-borough
http://maps.met.police.uk/tables.htm
(edited 7 years ago)
British-Asian here. My dad is as white as it gets. The kind of person who goes "British and English aren't the same". My mum is your typical South East Asian. Short, tan, and short. Out of 3 children, I'm the only one that isn't white. This gets our family a lot of odd looks, and my siblings a lot of attention.
Living in SEA, and going to school with a lot of Chinese students, teaches you a lot about their culture, and the fact that this Chinese airline would say something like that doesn't really come as a surprise- nor does it offend me. If you've lived in the UK your whole life, don't claim to know anything about Asian culture lol. If you went to Asia, you would want to avoid poor, industrial, crime-ridden areas too? right? Well to this airline, that's all they were doing.
Original post by Advisor
Where do you think the stereotype originates from?

Shots fired.
Everyone in Britain is aware that there are no go areas, what's controversial about warning foreigners?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending