The Student Room Group

Bleep test?!

Next week I'll be taking part in the bleep test; I'll be running against the nost competive sportspeople in my year group and don't want to drop out earlier than everyone else. I think my main problem is a psychological block, so any tips to get past this would be greatly appreciated.

Any other general tips would really help a lot!

Scroll to see replies

Don't take it seriously early on and have fun! It can be really stressful from what I remember and there's no reason for it to be (it's just a run). Say you have a headache beforehand if you're worried about being the first person to drop out (the first five or so people in my year all had injury/illness)
Reply 2
Ah, the bleep test was an absolute beauty. Getting to level 10 and looking at the peasants who dropped out on the side was the inspiration to keep going for a few more rounds.

There's little better in high school than the bleep test :ahee:
Reply 3
Original post by Davalla
Ah, the bleep test was an absolute beauty. Getting to level 10 and looking at the peasants who dropped out on the side was the inspiration to keep going for a few more rounds.

Oh dear... You were "that guy" weren't you...? The one who would just keep running when everyone else was a goner by level 7-8...
Original post by Davalla

Level 10? Come on bro. I got 11.3
Reply 5
It's just like a very quick walk in the park...
Original post by Vickyrider.xo
x

Best tip for a bleep test is not to do a dead stop at end to end, that kills your legs as you're always powering up from zero.

Try and do a little circle turn as you get to each end and it will keep your momentum up.

SS
I was usually a goner by level 3 or level 4. :sad: :getmecoat:
Reply 8
Original post by m_lakeside

Welcome to the club....

I last did it when I was 12 or 13, and I got 8.5 or something. And I was easily the weakest, skinniest kid in my year.
What's your excuse?:biggrin:
Original post by cbreef
I last did it when I was 12 or 13, and I got 8.5 or something. And I was easily the weakest, skinniest kid in my year.
What's your excuse?:biggrin:
Ditto. :sad:

The sports hall was VERY large. :colonhash: :unimpressed:
I thank the lords that i never have done the bleep test, i feel like i would be out on level one
Original post by retro_turtles
I thank the lords that i never have done the bleep test, i feel like i would be out on level one

It really isn't that hard at all to get past 5 or so. You'd have to be lethargic to go out at level 1, 2 or 3 for that matter.
Iasted until level 10 or 11 can't remember which but it's still pretty good nonetheless :proud:
Original post by mr T 999
Iasted until level 10 or 11 can't remember which but it's still pretty good nonetheless :proud:

I bet I could easily last until that level these days! :u:
I bet I could easily last until that level these days! :u:

Yeah good for you :colonhash:

Aww :console:
I don't know how far I got but it was until there was about half of my class left, so that's alright I guess :tongue:
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
Level 10? Come on bro. I got 11.3

Haha I got 12.6

Posted from TSR Mobile
An important part of long distance running is to RELAX. You'll run a hell of a lot further.

Part of a high score is not just the fitness, it's also the willpower. Just push for as long as you can. Set little goals for yourself along the way.

Also, drink lots 1-2 hours before.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RedSquirrels
Haha I got 12.6

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not the score that counts, but the participation.

Quick Reply

Latest