The Student Room Group

I really don't know what to do

I was wondering if I could take accounting at Uni with an a-level in Eng Lit, Sociology, and Economics? To be honest, I just started thinking about uni now and don't really know what I want to study at uni or what job I want, so any advice will do. I was told to just choose a subject that I thought I might enjoy for A-levels, so I'm freaking out on what to do.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Narusasu
Therefore, I was wondering if I could take accounting at Uni with an a-level in Eng Lit, Sociology, and Economics? To be honest, I just started thinking about uni now and don't really know what I want to study at uni or what job I want, so any advice will do. I was told to just choose a subject that I thought I might enjoy for A-levels, so I'm freaking out on what to do.

Yes those subjects would work if you look on ucas at unis you want to go to, you can see what subjects they require
Reply 2
If you don't know what job you want to do then why are you choosing Accounting? Find out what you want to do first, maybe take one of those online questionnaires that give you degree choices based on your answers. Go through the whole list of courses available at Uni's and see what interests you.
Reply 3
Yes you would probably get in with those but my advice would be not to choose accounting just for something to do,it can be quite demanding and if you don't have a specific interest in it you may struggle. What about a broader Business course which will give you more options later on. Contact the uni for advice on courses,good luck🙂
Don't freak, I take media graphics and philosophy and I'm going to study accounting
accounting is quite boring, js
Yeah my brother did accounting at uni for a year and a bit and says it was the worst decision he has ever made, he said it was unbearably boring. He dropped it and is now studying engineering. 2 years of uni wasted though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending