The Student Room Group

What drinks do you order at the bar?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Snakebite
Reply 21
Original post by Viva Emptiness
"I've never been in a bar before and I'm going to university so I'd imagine it's quite common. "

Jesus Christ.

Was shocked too until I saw TSR has actually produced a how-to guide on drinking. Unbelievable.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Reue
Was shocked too until I saw TSR has actually produced a how-to guide on drinking. Unbelievable.

Oh my God.

Who doesn't know these things? Beers come in "pints"? Gee whizz!
Reply 23
Oh my God.

Who doesn't know these things? Beers come in "pints"? Gee whizz!

We're not all alchys like you.
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
I like them both, but I prefer the "original" version.

In all honesty I thought you could only get *original* in cans or bottles, never seen it on keg nor has our Guinness Rep ever said otherwise.

Tbh the idea of having a more fizzy version of Guinness doesn't really appeal to me, there's a reason there's a common joke calling it a lager. I also have no idea why they call it Guinness Origional seeing it never used to have that much CO2 in it.
Original post by Reue
We're not all alchys like you.

That blossoming beer belly says otherwise, fren.
Reply 26
That blossoming beer belly says otherwise, fren.

There's a reason I lean backwards in photos
Original post by grassntai
I've never been in a bar before and I'm going to university so I'd imagine it's quite common. Can anyone recommend me what to order to drink? I dont drink very often so I don't really know the brands of alcohol or anything like that.
If you don't know what you like, you should get a grown-up to order for you.
The real question is, what drinks don't I order at the bar?
Reply 29
Original post by DanB1991
In all honesty I thought you could only get *original* in cans or bottles, never seen it on keg nor has our Guinness Rep ever said otherwise.

Tbh the idea of having a more fizzy version of Guinness doesn't really appeal to me, there's a reason there's a common joke calling it a lager. I also have no idea why they call it Guinness Origional seeing it never used to have that much CO2 in it.

Quite possible; I don't recall seeing it in a bar. I was just noting that I prefer it, but I'll still often go for Guinness in pubs/bars. I dunno, I guess I just like that it's crisper. I certainly find it tastes way better than the standard lagers and ciders.
Original post by Reue

I read half of that until I realised I'd never remember it all and gave up.
I just have VK's or jagerbombs. People call me a pussy for not drinking cider/beer ect but **** that, I want something that doesn't taste vile (just my opinion).
Hot chocolate milk
Usually a vodka and lemonade :biggrin:
only have red bull & vodka if you want your shits to come out fast
Vodka. Vodka. Vodka.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Alcoholic: Southern comfort + coke / Disaronno + coke / Malibu + coke / Shandy (yes, I'm a big girl)

Non-Alcoholic: Tap water / Tonic water / Sparkling fruit juice / Coke

And a roofietini for the lady, right?
Original post by Foo.mp3
Hoho. Most lasses find me intoxicating (read: toxic) enough as it is :smug:

All joking aside, you order a tonic water as a soft drink? You really are a monster.
Original post by Reue

oh my god, lmao that's fantastic
Tesco Lemon sparkling water (45p one) on the rocks, if I'm feeling particularly swarvee. :chaplin:

Quick Reply

Latest