The Student Room Group

MyMaths on iPad, can't use symbols

I'm losing the plot,
It's taken me ages to complete the lessons and write up the notes and I'm doing the home work and I have to put a symbol in. IT WONT DO IT. I'm so angry.
I'm having to access my maths through Puffin Academy as I only have an iPad and I've tried:
- creating a shortcut on my keyboard so I type "root" and it changes it to √, but as soon as I go on my maths it won't work.
-copy and pasting doesn't work either.
I'm frustrated as it changes the questions I think too so what do i do? How can I get a there?
Can someone also tell me how to put the sign in on a normal computer because I think I'm going to have to try and do it at college.
Original post by beehall
I'm losing the plot,
It's taken me ages to complete the lessons and write up the notes and I'm doing the home work and I have to put a symbol in. IT WONT DO IT. I'm so angry.
I'm having to access my maths through Puffin Academy as I only have an iPad and I've tried:
- creating a shortcut on my keyboard so I type "root" and it changes it to √, but as soon as I go on my maths it won't work.
I'm frustrated as it changes the questions I think too so what do i do? How can I get a there?
Can someone also tell me how to put the sign in on a normal computer because I think I'm going to have to try and do it at college.

Is there not a button somewhere that puts in a square root for you, if the root is not already embedded into the page?
Original post by beehall
I'm losing the plot,

I have exactly the same problem! I’ve tried everything and i can’t find a solution please help someone!
I don't know about ipads but I have just figured out that pressing q on a laptop on my maths creates a sqaure root!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest