The Student Room Group

Children's Nursing 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by georgiapettitt
you too! I have worked in a nursery, primary school, hospice and with teenagers with learning/physical disabilities :smile:

You have got some fantastic experience

How is your application coming along?x
thankyou!! I just hope it's enough.
Pretty good, I have written my personal statement for the third time and i think it's as good as it's going to get! Hopefully I'll be ready to send it off in the next few weeks!
thankyou!! I just hope it's enough.
Pretty good, I have written my personal statement for the third time and i think it's as good as it's going to get! Hopefully I'll be ready to send it off in the next few weeks!

You are very welcome and yes,it takes several attempts to 'perfect' it so to speak. By the sounds of it,you are ready.
Reply 43
you too! I have worked in a nursery, primary school, hospice and with teenagers with learning/physical disabilities :smile:

Oh wow some fab experience there, sounds like you've got a really strong application I'm sure you'll do well 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys! My name is Bethany and I will be starting a degree in Children's Nursing this September (next week!) at the University of Surrey. If you have any questions about the application process for Children's Nursing, feel free to PM me as I would be happy to help :smile:
Reply 45
Original post by Bethaaaaany
Hi guys! My name is Bethany and I will be starting a degree in Children's Nursing this September (next week!) at the University of Surrey. If you have any questions about the application process for Children's Nursing, feel free to PM me as I would be happy to help :smile:

Hi Bethany thank you and congratulations on your place 😊

I'm applying to Kingston and I know they do multiple mini interviews do you have any experience of them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is my first cycle and will be applying to Cardiff, USW, UWE, Swansea and Worcester. I am 18 and have completed a year of AS Levels, along with a BTEC level 3 diploma in health and social care (currently on year 2)
I have just started drafting my personal statement.
Work experience/ volunteer work I have done over the past 2 years is 6 weeks in my local hospital (one day a week) working in Minor injuries. I have observed a baby clinic in my local GP surgery. I have completed 2 weeks at a primary school working with different age groups including children with special needs. I have also ran my own sports club activities after school to improve children's health and well-being I have an interview next week for a volunteer position taking place in Noah's ark children's hospital so hopefully I will get that also! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chloe_p_e
This is my first cycle and will be applying to Cardiff, USW, UWE, Swansea and Worcester. I am 18 and have completed a year of AS Levels, along with a BTEC level 3 diploma in health and social care (currently on year 2)
Work experience/ volunteer work I have done over the past 2 years is 6 weeks in my local hospital (one day a week) working in Minor injuries. I have observed a baby clinic in my local GP surgery. I have completed 2 weeks at a primary school working with different age groups including children with special needs. I have also ran my own sports club activities after school to improve children's health and well-being I have an interview next week for a volunteer position taking place in Noah's ark children's hospital so hopefully I will get that also! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow! You have some incredible experience. Im sure you will impress the unis :smile: xx
Reply 48
Original post by chloe_p_e

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi that sounds like some really impressive experience I'm sure you will have no problems with your application 😊 good luck with your interview next week hope it goes well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
Feeling nervous, this afternoon I was browsing through my emails while waiting for my daughter to finish her club, and came across an email from the hospital sent last Thursday inviting my for an assessment for volunteering as a paediatric play volunteer tomorrow, so I'm now rushing around trying to prepare myself eek 😬 so help it goes well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MDouglas
Feeling nervous, this afternoon I was browsing through my emails while waiting for my daughter to finish her club, and came across an email from the hospital sent last Thursday inviting my for an assessment for volunteering as a paediatric play volunteer tomorrow, so I'm now rushing around trying to prepare myself eek 😬 so help it goes well

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure you will excel. Good luck x
Reply 51
Original post by futurechildnurse
I'm sure you will excel. Good luck x

Thanks, filled in form for dbs check so just got to wait for that to come through

How's everyone doing? Has anyone sent off their applications yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi Chloe - how did you secure the interview for the volunteering position at Noah's Ark? Did you just contact them directly? And is it going to be on the actual ward? Well done on getting the interview and hope it goes well!
Heyy guys!! I'm also applying for children's nursing for 2017! This is my second time applying. The first time I got an offer but I didn't have enough ucas points as I had 3 and a half alevels. I am now currently finishing the full alevel. This year I am applying to bucks new uni, Anglia Ruskin, Kingston, Greenwich and Bedfordshire. I've done my personal statement and just need to get it checked. I've only done experience in 4 different schools one including a special needs school. I am currently getting a job as a carer if not then voluntary work at a hospital. Don't worry too much about experience as long as you link what you do have to nursing really well you should be fine. Show passion towards nursing as well and good understanding :smile:
Reply 54
Original post by Amankaur
Heyy guys!! I'm also applying for children's nursing for 2017! This is my second time applying. The first time I got an offer but I didn't have enough ucas points as I had 3 and a half alevels. I am now currently finishing the full alevel. This year I am applying to bucks new uni, Anglia Ruskin, Kingston, Greenwich and Bedfordshire. I've done my personal statement and just need to get it checked. I've only done experience in 4 different schools one including a special needs school. I am currently getting a job as a carer if not then voluntary work at a hospital. Don't worry too much about experience as long as you link what you do have to nursing really well you should be fine. Show passion towards nursing as well and good understanding :smile:

Hi good luck :smile:, you've got some good experience there so that should do you well and you've got some experience of the application process so thats good :smile:

I'm applying to Kingston too (my only choice) did you apply to them last time?
Reply 55
I've received email from the hospital and been invited to an induction day on the 17th Oct, so am now setting myself the deadline of completing my personal statement and having application sent off by end of Oct and latest mid-Nov
Ah thankyou!! Hopefully the process will be alot better for me this time. No I didn't apply to Kingston last time. I applied to bucks, Brighton, Greenwich, Anglia Ruskin and Canterbury
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
Ahh fingers crossed good luck 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm just waiting for my tutor to finish my reference and then I'll be sending my application off! So nervous! How are you feeling about the interviews?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 59
Original post by elise68
I'm just waiting for my tutor to finish my reference and then I'll be sending my application off! So nervous! How are you feeling about the interviews?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exciting :smile: good luck, I'm hoping to get mine sent off by this time next month, regarding the interviews I'm trying to think off them and feel confident, I can come across quite shy and quiet until I get to know people so I'm trying to feel confident about interviews so I can hopefully go into them without the nerves taking over as I don't want to be the quiet one they don't notice, how are you feeling about them?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending