The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DamnDaniel2
Yh I'm happy I'm not doing MEI ahaha!

Yay we're doing the same modules :smile: just saying D1 starts off with computer science maths which is super easy and fun like binary search, bubble sort, trace tables etc (that's for my exam board but shouldn't be too different for yours)!

Haha yh mechanics will help a lot! Apparently it's been shown that it increases your physics grade by quite a few doing mechanics maths :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
lol :tongue:

I'm doing Comp Sci as an A level so that should be good for me :smile: Thanks for letting me know :h:
and yeah :five:

Well, that's good to know :tongue:

So what other A levels are you doing besides Maths and FM?
Original post by J0333
Haha, well I'm sure you'll ace your a levels then! I don't really have the same intelligence as the average TSR user but I do want to work hard to prove myself wrong as I have no confidence about myself in lessons but I'm going to pull that around!😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha, not really, neither am I tbf so yh we're the same :five: Hopefully we can both do good with our hardwork that we out in :h:
Reply 842
Original post by hamza772000
Haha, not really, neither am I tbf so yh we're the same :five: Hopefully we can both do good with our hardwork that we out in :h:

Yeah, hard work is all you can do tbf, the rest should follow😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
lol :tongue:

I'm doing Comp Sci as an A level so that should be good for me :smile: Thanks for letting me know :h:
and yeah :five:

Well, that's good to know :tongue:

So what other A levels are you doing besides Maths and FM?

Haha that's ok :smile:

I'm doing biology and chemistry! Hoping to study either maths or medicine but leaning towards maths more! Wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by J0333
Yeah, hard work is all you can do tbf, the rest should follow😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
Correct! have you got much homework?

Haha that's ok :smile:

I'm doing biology and chemistry! Hoping to study either maths or medicine but leaning towards maths more! Wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh niceee :h: yh medicine would be nice :smile: but whatever u find interesting is better :biggrin:

Oh niceee :h: yh medicine would be nice :smile: but whatever u find interesting is better :biggrin:

Medicine seems super interesting but if my hearts not set on it than I'd rather not waste a place and take someone's spot when they genuinely want to help people's lives and want to be a doctor!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Medicine seems super interesting but if my hearts not set on it than I'd rather not waste a place and take someone's spot when they genuinely want to help people's lives and want to be a doctor!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good thinking! Really good! :smile: Yeah, you should always do what ineterests you, you don't wanna be trapped in something you don't like afterwards.. :smile:
Good thinking! Really good! :smile: Yeah, you should always do what ineterests you, you don't wanna be trapped in something you don't like afterwards.. :smile:

Haha very hard considering I've got the typical asian parents lool

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha very hard considering I've got the typical asian parents lool

Posted from TSR Mobile
lol, well I'm Pakistani, you?
My parents'd be happy with me doing what I enjoy as long as it's well within the Asian criteria lmao :tongue: but luckily I enjoy those sort of subjects :tongue:
Reply 849

Yeah, well no more than I got at GCSE but just the standards & difficulty have risen, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by J0333
Yeah, well no more than I got at GCSE but just the standards & difficulty have risen, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh, well consider yourself lucky haha :tongue: I have got soooo much more and the difficulty has risen aswell :tongue:
Reply 851
Oh, well consider yourself lucky haha :tongue: I have got soooo much more and the difficulty has risen aswell :tongue:

It's gonna take me twice as long though because it is difficult! I have English that's in for a week on Monday so I'm gonna try and do like sections every day😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mayacarswell
Hey does anyone know if there are whatsapp groups for chemistry, pure maths and biology? I'd like to talk to some people and get some revision done too!

Do you still need one?
Original post by J0333
It's gonna take me twice as long though because it is difficult! I have English that's in for a week on Monday so I'm gonna try and do like sections every day😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
That'd be a good idea indeed :smile: I believe I have Physics homework for Monday.
OCR MEI is the hardest exam board, I wish I did Edexcel :tongue:

Well, we're gonna do C1 and S1 till October I believe, but overall this year I'm doing C1, C2, S1, M1, D1, FP1.

i'm also doing maths and fm on ocr mei, and we're doing C1, C2, FP1, D1, S1 and S2 this year, then FP2, C3, C4, M1, M2 and M3 next year. i have no idea what mechanics will be like (i'm guessing it'll start off with kinematics, which i don't mind) so doing three modules of it is daunting hehe

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vanilla Cupcake
i'm also doing maths and fm on ocr mei, and we're doing C1, C2, FP1, D1, S1 and S2 this year, then FP2, C3, C4, M1, M2 and M3 next year. i have no idea what mechanics will be like (i'm guessing it'll start off with kinematics, which i don't mind) so doing three modules of it is daunting hehe

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yh we spoke b4! I am the guy who had the Eminem profile picture :tongue:
Yh we spoke b4! I am the guy who had the Eminem profile picture :tongue:

ahh! i remember talking to someone about fm on ocr mei but couldn't remember whether it was you or not :biggrin: hope sixth form is going well for you!
ahh! i remember talking to someone about fm on ocr mei but couldn't remember whether it was you or not :biggrin: hope sixth form is going well for you!
haha yh thats me :tongue:

yep its going well S1 has started to get interesting :smile: wbu?
haha yh thats me :tongue:

yep its going well S1 has started to get interesting :smile: wbu?

we've just finished complex numbers in FP1 and i'm still trying to get my head around it, but it's good overall :smile:
we've just finished complex numbers in FP1 and i'm still trying to get my head around it, but it's good overall :smile:
Oh we're gonna do FP1 later on in the year currently we're doing S1 and C1, are you doing C1 aswell?

Latest