The Student Room Group

Does your household recycle?

Scroll to see replies

No and it really [naughty word :teehee:] me off, just because others in my household are to damn lazy to put it in a different bin...

I'm not going to dig through a bin with cat poo just for recycling every week.
Reply 21
yes, religiously
No. I pay £150 a month council tax. I don't get much for that so they can pick my rubbish up.

I haven't got time to be sorting out rubbish and washing out old containers.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by Sternumator
No. I pay £150 a month council tax. I don't get much for that so they can pick my rubbish up.

I haven't got time to be sorting out rubbish and washing out old containers.

It's not that difficult to put a milk carton in a different bin
The apartment block development I live in's recycling bins haven't been emptied in months - so we can't! :frown:
Original post by beeo
It's not that difficult to put a milk carton in a different bin

It is. I don't want a selection of different bins in my kitchen. I only have space for one. And I don't want to have to go outside just to chuck a milk carton away. I don't see why I should bother. I pay for rubbish to be collected in my council tax.
Reply 26
It is. I don't want a selection of different bins in my kitchen. I only have space for one. And I don't want to have to go outside just to chuck a milk carton away. I don't see why I should bother. I pay for rubbish to be collected in my council tax.

everyone pays council tax, calm down - and your whole reason for being an ******* and not recycling is because you're lazy? that's low.
Original post by beeo
everyone pays council tax, calm down - and your whole reason for being an ******* and not recycling is because you're lazy? that's low.

You could call it lazy. I don't get anything from recycling so I don't want to waste my energy doing it.
I thought they hire people to sort the waste?
Reply 29
You could call it lazy. I don't get anything from recycling so I don't want to waste my energy doing it.

why is anyone kind? why does anyone help poor people? why have free education and healthcare?

because being selfish is gross and being altruistic is so much better. recycling is better for the planet and if you're too self centred and narrow minded to see that, then there's really no point is arguing.

it's not difficult to have an extra bin in your kitchen and not everything is about you.
Reply 30
Original post by 2016_GCSE
I thought they hire people to sort the waste?

who does? sorting trash is expensive and the government is too cheap to invest in the environment.
Original post by beeo
who does? sorting trash is expensive and the government is too cheap to invest in the environment.

Reply 32
Original post by 2016_GCSE

Yes they sort in the recylables, like paper and metal and stuff but they're not going to sort recycling from regular trash

Quick Reply

Latest