The Student Room Group

We don't need "friends", we need good grades.

Scroll to see replies

I think what is a better concept is the idea that you by no means have to pursue popularity, but i think reducing life to a line of results is really ignorant.
everyone who tried that technique often ended up get bullied and to stop getting bullied they stopped working so...
Your network is your net worth.
Original post by German123
Your network is your net worth.

^^^^^^^^^

This is so true on so many levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just think that "friends" are unnecessary in life.
I fail to see what they give you.
There is no point in my opinion in "friends".
Original post by Amynadia0033
I think what is a better concept is the idea that you by no means have to pursue popularity, but i think reducing life to a line of results is really ignorant.

It's not "reducing life to a line of results", it's simply not wasting time on "friends", but only on studies.
That's hilarious considering I did WORSE than expected in A levels because I moved to a new area and had no friends so was miserable!
Original post by Strawberry68
That's hilarious considering I did WORSE than expected in A levels because I moved to a new area and had no friends so was miserable!

Why were you miserable? .

You had more time to study and succeed.
On the whole your childhood friends who you grow up with are your true friends. University is full of Vipers who will stab you in the back just to get a better grade. Oh god, and the inane conversations people have and the group mentality. Don't follow the sheep or the posers. It's bettter to take the Psychopath approach and pretend to like people who will get you to the top and then ditch them ASAP.
To what I am saying, or to what they are saying?
Original post by robertpiktos
Why were you miserable? .

You had more time to study and succeed.

Because I had no friends so were lonely which made have mental health issues (I had NO mental health problems at my old school). I unwillingly starved myself because I was too unhappy to have an appetite so my BMI was 15. An ill person is not going to perform as well are they.
I am now happy at uni and doing well. Put on 3kg.

Original post by VictoriaCoolio
Same here I moved schools after GCSEs and did worse than expected because I had no friends and was so miserable

Thank you someone else who understands.
Why?.

You do realise employers care about more than just your grade? Your grade's nothing but a tick in the box-what matters the most is what you do outside the classroom.
I hate this myth that we need "friends" in life.
I say we don't.
My advice to everyone in here is focus 100% on your studies, don't talk or go out with anyone.
Study all week, including weekends and holidays.
Don't ever go out with anyone , sit home and study.
What is important in life is good grades not "friends".

It depends on the type of friends, and it seems you haven't been lucky enough to meet great friends yet. I need my best friend more that anything in the world tbh, she gives me lyfe. :blushing:

Honestly, and I mean honestly, some peoples friendships can become the most wonderful thing. I literally don't even think my marriage will be as strong as my friendship is with my friend.

Spoiler

Reply 93
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
It depends on the type of friends, and it seems you haven't been lucky enough to meet great friends yet. I need my best friend more that anything in the world tbh, she gives me lyfe. :blushing:

Honestly, and I mean honestly, some peoples friendships can become the most wonderful thing. I literally don't even think my marriage will be as strong as my friendship is with my friend.

Spoiler

Ha, gay
Original post by RobML
Ha, gay

Shush, I'm sensitive okeyyyy

Spoiler

im pregnant because of you
Original post by bluemadhatter

:K: ermmmmm....okay.
Reply 98
Original post by bluemadhatter

Ha, gay

Spoiler

Omg, madhatter is cool :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending