The Student Room Group

Pizza hut - seriously need help

I worked 2 shifts at pizza hut before leaving, around the 15th to 20th of august, and they are still yet to pay me. I have been nagging them for weeks and they say they pay twice a month on each friday and I have yet to be paid. Is there anyway I can complain to someone higher up? I'm at university now and I can't go in and urge them i'm stuck in this position. When I was working they gave me 2 shifts and after those shifts they never called me again to work, so I assumed they didn't want me.
Original post by kingLAWZA
I worked 2 shifts at pizza hut before leaving, around the 15th to 20th of august, and they are still yet to pay me. I have been nagging them for weeks and they say they pay twice a month on each friday and I have yet to be paid. Is there anyway I can complain to someone higher up? I'm at university now and I can't go in and urge them i'm stuck in this position. When I was working they gave me 2 shifts and after those shifts they never called me again to work, so I assumed they didn't want me.

Call customer service number on their website and that will take you to the offices and put in a formal complaint
Reply 2
Contact ACAS for free and professional advice on employment issues.

Also my uni has a law centre where the students take on employment cases and fight them for you, I'd be suprised if your uni wouldnt help you with this.

Sometimes sending a polite letter that says "I have contacted ACAS regarding this issue and they have advised me to engage in a formal tribuneral" does the trick.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by r4dly
Contact ACAS for free and professional advice on employment issues.

Also my uni has a law centre where the students take on employment cases and fight them for you, I'd be suprised if your uni wouldnt help you with this.

Sometimes sending a polite letter that says "I have contacted ACAS regarding this issue and they have advised me to engage in a formal tribuneral" does the trick.

The manager who I just spoke to who arranged these 2 shifts for me literally just said he doesn't remember me. Literally ridiculous, and he said call back on monday so if they don't tell me anything I shall talk about ACAS, thank you.

I have no idea about how to go about finding this, i'm still lost as i'm a fresher
Reply 4
Original post by SaraSHFB
Call customer service number on their website and that will take you to the offices and put in a formal complaint

Oh really? I thought that was just for customer complaints about service, thanks!
Reply 5
The manager who I just spoke to who arranged these 2 shifts for me literally just said he doesn't remember me. Literally ridiculous, and he said call back on monday so if they don't tell me anything I shall talk about ACAS, thank you.

I have no idea about how to go about finding this, i'm still lost as i'm a fresher

Which uni are you at?
Reply 6
Original post by r4dly
Which uni are you at?

Exeter
Reply 7
Exeter

Ah cool, I'm at Plymouth. Here is the link for the legal centre at the uni they'll definetly help you out if you need advice, you don't need to be a student here to use it.

https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/llb-law/south-west-employment-rights-centre-swerc
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending