The Student Room Group

How can I stop being a flake?

I cancel dates a lot, at the time I'll think it's a good idea to say yes and think I'll have fun then when it comes down to it like a day or two before I don't feel like going anymore or freak out at the idea of going and feel sick so cancel and come up with an excuse to end things. I do tutoring part time as well and will book lessons, then the day before, I freak out and come up with an excuse apologise many times and cancel the session. This happens with university society meetings to, well have to do something like team building day or meeting and I just end up coming up with an excuse and not going

How do I stop being flaky I don't want people thinking I'm flaky
Original post by Anonymous
I cancel dates a lot, at the time I'll think it's a good idea to say yes and think I'll have fun then when it comes down to it like a day or two before I don't feel like going anymore or freak out at the idea of going and feel sick so cancel and come up with an excuse to end things. I do tutoring part time as well and will book lessons, then the day before, I freak out and come up with an excuse apologise many times and cancel the session. This happens with university society meetings to, well have to do something like team building day or meeting and I just end up coming up with an excuse and not going

How do I stop being flaky I don't want people thinking I'm flaky

Sounds like you may have some form of social anxiety disorder, you might want to consider seeing a therapist/counsellor/other mental health professional about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending