The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MartynaJP6
Really? Actual exams? We started a few courses in Year 9 but all exams are in Year 11.

Some people prefer the spread our exams
Posted from TSR Mobile
Yh I do, but they don't let us do them earlier😢
Original post by MartynaJP6
Posted from TSR Mobile
Yh I do, but they don't let us do them earlier😢

But then, for example, I miss out on a year of French because I'm sitting it this year. It results in cramming stuff in, there are pros and cons
Hey, I'm Daniella and also in year 10
For GCSEs I'm taking:
English Language (AQA)
English Literature (AQA)
Maths (AQA)
Science (AQA)
History (AQA)
Religion and Ethics (Edexel)
BTEC health and social (Edexel)
French (AQA)

I've also noticed the massive difference between year 9 and year 10 in terms of the work overload. Ideally, I would want to be a child psychotherapist or work further in the medicine, science and psychology fields.
Original post by MrIso
Yeah i'm doing triple science, and for English Lit im doing An Inspector Calls and Journeys End. (Inspector Calls is going to be super easy because my sister did it and she got an A* xD). I'll make sure to check your thread out:biggrin:

Wow congrates to her i am doing inspector calls as well do you have any old notes that i can see for revsion and i will show you mine xD:tongue:
Original post by xDaniella7809
Hey, I'm Daniella and also in year 10
For GCSEs I'm taking:
English Language (AQA)
English Literature (AQA)
Maths (AQA)
Science (AQA)
History (AQA)
Religion and Ethics (Edexel)
BTEC health and social (Edexel)
French (AQA)

I've also noticed the massive difference between year 9 and year 10 in terms of the work overload. Ideally, I would want to be a child psychotherapist or work further in the medicine, science and psychology fields.

The reformed aqa French seems awful, how're you finding it
hi my name is joshua, and i'm (obviously) in year 10

the subjects i'm taking are:

english lang - aqa
english lit - aqa
maths - edexcel higher
biology - aqa higher
chemistry - aqa higher
physics - aqa higher
computing - ocr
music - edexcel
geography - edexcel b
spanish - aqa higher
religious studies - edexcel b

my school starts gcse studies a year early in year 9, so i've already got a bit of gcse experience under my belt

i'm predicted 7/A's minimum in all my subjects but i want to get the best grades possible as i want to study computer science at cambridge and there is a new focus on gcses for uni admissions as there are no more as-levels

good luck to all of you and remember that there is no substitute for hard work :smile:
Original post by a1phabeta

english lang - aqa
english lit - aqa
maths - edexcel higher
biology - aqa higher
chemistry - aqa higher
physics - aqa higher
computing - ocr
music - edexcel
geography - edexcel b
spanish - aqa higher

my school starts gcse studies a year early in year 9, so i've already got a bit of gcse experience under my belt

i'm predicted 7/A's minimum in all my subjects but i want to get the best grades possible as i want to study computer science at cambridge and there is a new focus on gcses for uni admissions as there are no more as-levels

good luck to all of you and remember that there is no substitute for hard work :smile:

Have you heard of Jake Wright? He vlogged his time at Cambridge as a compsci, you should check him out
Original post by Sardonic Zarah
Have you heard of Jake Wright? He vlogged his time at Cambridge as a compsci, you should check him out

yeah, i found out about jake wright during a 5-day coding camp in cambridge last summer (we stayed in queens :biggrin:) i've watched two thirds of his videos, and it's really addictive.

my experience in cambridge along with his videos actually convinced me to think about cambridge (i actually wanted to go to oxford before the camp :biggrin:)

what do you mean reformed? Does that mean different syllabus im doing AQA french as well xD:tongue:
yeah, i found out about jake wright during a 5-day coding camp in cambridge last summer (we stayed in queens :biggrin:) i've watched two thirds of his videos, and it's really addictive.

my experience in cambridge along with his videos actually convinced me to think about cambridge (i actually wanted to go to oxford before the camp :biggrin:)

Whos Jake Wright ???xD Please tell meh xD XD :tongue:

english lang - aqa
english lit - aqa
maths - edexcel higher
biology - aqa higher
chemistry - aqa higher
physics - aqa higher
computing - ocr
music - edexcel
geography - edexcel b
spanish - aqa higher

U doign triple science? xD
Original post by mayu123
Whos Jake Wright ???xD Please tell meh xD XD :tongue:

Jake wright is a YouTuber who went to Cambridge and studied computer science
Jake wright is a YouTuber who went to Cambridge and studied computer science

What does he have youtube and makes videos based on like revision and learning xD:smile::tongue:
Original post by mayu123
What does he have youtube and makes videos based on like revision and learning xD:smile::tongue:

Its mostly vlogs about life in Cambridge although he does have a few videos on coding etc
Its mostly vlogs about life in Cambridge although he does have a few videos on coding etc

AWW you know any youtubers who do videos on revision and Sos for the conflict Xd
Hello my name is Nicholas and I'm (quite blatantly) in year 10

My subjects are

Triple science (AQA)
English lit (AQA)
English lang (AQA)
Math (Edexel)
History(Don't know)
French (AQA)
Music (Edexel)
Computing (OCR)
Religious Studies (Edexel)

My school starts GCSEs in year 9, so I'm already halfway through most of my courses.

I'm predicted to get 6 in all my subjects but really other than in French (which is by far my worst subject:frown:) I'm aiming for 7/8 in every other subject.

My favourite subjects are English and Music, mostly for their ability for creative expression as I'm middling in analysis of creative works.
I would like History were it not for the masses of knowledge ive already amassed outside of school, making school History pointless for me. It's really the only subject that I fell I could get a 9 in.:smile:

I want to be a musician but with my finances in mind i want to get a computer science job, so I want to get the needed degree at either Cambridge or Imperial.

Good luck everyone and remember that there is no room for complacency, only hard work.:smile:
Original post by FlushedTable
Hello my name is Nicholas and I'm (quite blatantly) in year 10

My subjects are

Triple science (AQA)
English lit (AQA)
English lang (AQA)
Math (Edexel)
History(Don't know)
French (AQA)
Music (Edexel)
Computing (OCR)
Religious Studies (Edexel)

My school starts GCSEs in year 9, so I'm already halfway through most of my courses.

I'm predicted to get 6 in all my subjects but really other than in French (which is by far my worst subject:frown:) I'm aiming for 7/8 in every other subject.

My favourite subjects are English and Music, mostly for their ability for creative expression as I'm middling in analysis of creative works.
I would like History were it not for the masses of knowledge ive already amassed outside of school, making school History pointless for me. It's really the only subject that I fell I could get a 9 in.:smile:

I want to be a musician but with my finances in mind i want to get a computer science job, so I want to get the needed degree at either Cambridge or Imperial.

Good luck everyone and remember that there is no room for complacency, only hard work.:smile:

You doing triple science
Original post by mayu123
You doing triple science

yes; specific subjects are biology, chemistry, and physicsim really bad at chemistry, but physics is just math and a bit of scientific concepts, and biology is all right i guess.

It's been going quite well so far if I'm being honest but it's hard work. I admit that there is a lot to memorise but my memory is not that bad, so memorising Mrs Vandertramp as well as other vocabulary and tenses have been alright.
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest