The Student Room Group

Do you have any relationship regrets?

These can be with a crush/ a boyfriend/ girlfriend/ anything really.
I'll start of first, there was this guy who liked me but I wrote him off so quickly based on what I THOUGHT he was like and didn't give him a chance, instead judging him. I the. found out his family are super rich, he owns a boat, his family own a villa in Cassis and he's actually a lovely human being. But too late for me now.

Anyone else have any regrets. We can all weep together lol

Scroll to see replies

This is completely normal. You're just a g̶o̶l̶d̶d̶i̶g̶g̶e̶r̶ thoughtful person.
Reply 2
Original post by Orbital_Rising
This is completely normal. You're just a g̶o̶l̶d̶d̶i̶g̶g̶e̶r̶ thoughtful person.

I'm no gold digger lol
Original post by Anonymous
I'm no gold digger lol

If that was the case why did you mention that the guy had a villa and a boat in the first place?
Reply 4
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
If that was the case why did you mention that the guy had a villa and a boat in the first place?

Well okay those things also made me feel as if I have lost the potential to live in luxury if I were with him, but I did also say he was lovely
Well okay those things also made me feel as if I have lost the potential to live in luxury if I were with him, but I did also say he was lovely

What sticks out the most for me personally is that you mentioned how rich he was first and THEN you mentioned how lovely he was. It speaks volumes of what you look for in a guy.
Reply 6
What sticks out the most for me personally is that you mentioned how rich he was first and THEN you mentioned how lovely he was. It speaks volumes of what you look for in a guy.

Well anyway it does still feel like something really good slipped between my fingers and what are ur relationship regrets mrssheldoncooper
Well anyway it does still feel like something really good slipped between my fingers and what are ur relationship regrets mrssheldoncooper

Well they certainly don't involve letting a rich kid slip through my fingers :wink:
I regret not being able to win over any of the 8 girls i tried to get with :frown:

^^^ I agree with all of this.
I regret taking my partner for granted. We are still together and doing fine and after all these years we have been together, I suppose it's a little natural to take each other for granted at times but I don't like it. I take a lot out on him over things that's not his fault as well at times which I'm not proud of.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 11
Now I ain't sayin she a gold digger...

Eh, my biggest regret would be not calling him out on his crap.
Didn't try hard enough to sort out my mental health problems on my own and it was draining for her. Needed to get a life and hang out with other people more so we could have more alone times lol.
(edited 7 years ago)
I don't have a regret, as of yet, Im just not sure I'm going to do the right thing with this guy I'm talking to..
saying yes to things i wasn't okay with
Had a few oppertunities for a first kiss which I now regret not taking
Saying yes to something my gut told me not to say yes to. Because I knew what would happen, and it happened :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Had a few oppertunities for a first kiss which I now regret not taking

That reminds me of another thing I regret. My first kiss was a drunken one with this German guy whilst in my friends kitchen. Then I refused to sleep with him and later on he ended up kissing one of my friends. You always remember your first kiss
That reminds me of another thing I regret. My first kiss was a drunken one with this German guy whilst in my friends kitchen. Then I refused to sleep with him and later on he ended up kissing one of my friends. You always remember your first kiss

don't beat yourself up so much about it
firsts are almost never good
Caring too much before getting dumped.

Quick Reply